Scott Bannick
A
I'm a #SkipTheDishes driver, so occasionally I will #SpoutOff about customers and, unfortunately, how terribly Skip treats their drivers.

For me, I will always start my tipping of a food courier at $5. Skip provides a minimum of $7.50 for any order, as long as you maintain an 8/10 Acceptance Rate.
07:03 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
In response to Scott Bannick.
Which makes that order a minimum of $12.50 for a courier, which is decent. In the past couple weeks, I have received multiple orders of zero tips, and two "slap in the face" tips of under 20 cents.

I pay for everything on my vehicle, and getting trash tips is making this gig literally unaffordable.
07:06 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
And Skip does NOTHING to help out drivers. they bully us into accepting Double Orders which is terrible customer service (one customer will get less fresh food) because if we don't accept 8 out of 10 orders, our min. drops to $5.54 an order. Those Doubles show up as 1 order, but count as 2.
07:12 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
Skip tops up any zero tip orders to the minimum, except in the case of Doubles which they changed a couple months ago. Now they only top up ONE of the orders if they're both no tips. So Doubles went from a minimum of $15 to possibly under $8, which is horrific for a driver
07:16 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
But we're bullied into accepting these clearly exploitative orders because otherwise our min. might drop down. I have declined Doubles of $9 lately, which would mean both orders are LESS than even Skip's guaranteed minimum. But they say we have the choice to decline or not.
07:18 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
I really wish the media or some employment standards officials would come down hard on Skip. Skip can't do anything to piss off restaurants or customers, so all they do is screw drivers around because we're easily replaceable. It is a gross business model.
07:20 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Scott Bannick
A
Which really sucks because this is one of my favourite employments of my life. I'm not punished with more work if I'm efficient, I can listen to my own music, read or do whatever while I'm waiting for the next order, and drive drive drive.
07:21 PM - Jun 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}