Deep_breath Start_again
A
Quick poll on your feelings about the climate situation. When I think about the climate crisis I think/feel

It’s not a big deal

It’s too late to fix it

Earth can be saved

It’s overwhelming

172 votes — 09:25 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Deep_breath Start_again.
It may be too late. I've been hearing about the deleterious effects for 50 years. Al Gore and others really tried in the 90s-00s, but little progress was made. Big oil controls too much to make substantial changes. Sad really. Billions will suffer.
01:56 PM - Jul 19, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
Love the poll but the options aren’t quite mutually exclusive. I would’ve ticked both of the last two boxes. Damn overwhelming but still believe in human ingenuity (even though it is what got us into this nightmare)
09:25 AM - Jul 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (ShastaWitch) can see their posts

Jenna Vaughan-Mills
A
Stop eating meat, stop using fossil fuels, and simplify your life.

These actions will make things better for you, and with enough of us, will make things better for the ecosystem.
07:11 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
I think it can't be fixed, but if* we care, the consequences of our actions can be mitigated.

*am not very hopeful.
06:18 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Erin-dipity
A
I am convinced we will all die in a climate disaster. Cheerful, huh?
07:00 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Erin-dipity.
My 💔 for all the young people in the World including my own 4 kids and my 2 little grandsons. At the rate things are going I don’t know if we even have 100 years left on this planet that won’t be in SURVIVAL MODE. Unless things change radically in the next 20 years I think it’s over for most humans
12:18 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Jess Martin
A
Have to be optimistic and the next gen who'll inherit this mess are more attuned so that gives me hope.
10:03 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Phil J
A
I like what George Carlin had to say about people saving the planet. "We don't even know how to care about each other, and we're going to save the planet? The planet will be fine, it's not going anywhere, we are."
09:59 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Clarke
A
However, even if we fix the climate, we are overwhelming the Earth with our numbers. We went past the tipping point a couple of decades ago. And right wingers want to outlaw abortion
09:34 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
Too late to "fix it", by far, but still have to keep working to try to limit the coming catastrophe.
09:29 AM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}