Lucas Salas Oroño
A
Question: I am asking honestly, and seek to be educated, I may be ignorant on this or lack understanding.
Here goes: Isn't allowing trans women to perform in female sports an unfair advantage, given that in general men are stronger, faster, etc? Not always, but generally. Please do not attack me.
02:09 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
In response to Lucas Salas Oroño.
Taking estrogen "levels the playing field" (I hate this phrase but am not eloquent enough to think of another metaphor). I've been told it makes trans women feel significantly weaker. Trans women have been playing alongside of cis women and haven't been dominating sports. 1/
02:15 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
In response to My Account.
Even Lia Thomas hasn't consistently beaten her cis competition. More importantly, this type of gatekeeping hurts all women including cis women. Women, like men, have different genetic advantages over each other. Mike Phelps' body produces less lactic acid than most people and his limbs are longer. 2
02:23 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
Yet no one is saying it's unfair for Phelps to compete against other men. Christine Mboma and Beatrice Masilingi are cis women whose bodies produce more testosterone than other women. Not only do people say it's unfair for them to compete against other women, they aren't allowed 3/
02:26 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
to compete in the Olympics. You have to wonder what the difference is but the bottom line is this type of gatekeeping hurts all women - cis and trans. 4/4
02:28 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
Good points. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
02:40 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}