Irene D
A
Exactly! I’ve been approached for parking with my disability pass and for using my cane and rollator. I’m told I’m ‘too young’ & ‘too pretty’ to be disabled! Usually by older people. Like WTF?! It makes a person not want to leave the house. Ableism isn’t cool.
Pro Democracy @ProDemocracy
You can not just look at someone and know if they have a disability. There are people who look, speak, or navigate the world differently from you who are not disabled. There are people suffering with disabilities who are judged/berated because "they look fine." Ableism causes profound harm.
03:35 AM - Jun 18, 2023
10:10 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Aly C
A
In response to Irene D.
Right? I’ve taken my mom out and we used her disability pass as she has severe COPD and recovering from lung CA and people have totally given us the stink eye for parking in a HC spot so that she doesn’t have to stop walking every 15ft to catch her breath. Wtf people.
10:17 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Irene D
A
It’s so frustrating. Those spots are so important for those of us who tire easily or need easier access. Getting crap for using them when we need them doesn’t help our mental health. I looked one person giving me grief and asked ‘do I not matter?’
In response to Aly C.
01:35 PM - Jun 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}