CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 1/6
The pundits and the press swooning over Christie -- it nauseates me. He was the governor of my state for 8 years, so I had a constituent's front-row view to him at all times.

I get that people's memories are short.

But mine is not.
07:45 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 2/6
Teachers and state workers as "penny-pinching pension pigs."
Credit downgrades 11 times, 'til we were the 2nd worst in the nation.
"What do you want me to do -- get a mop?" as he vacationed while we suffered storm damage.
Anti-union.
Anti-abortion.
Anti-Medicaid expansion.
07:49 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 3/6
Him and his family on the f*cking beach.
Him robbing Pete to pay Paul through 8 years of his leadership and being angry and petty when we finally said "You can't do this anymore" with the transportation fund.
Bridgegate -- someone DIED.
07:50 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 4/6
And now, suddenly, his nasty mouth and cutting remarks are, what -- charming? Cheeky? Truthful?

He is a power-hungry snake oil salesman and I REFUSE to be awed by or thankful to him for doing the VERY LEAST HE COULD DO by *finally* breaking with the Mango Menace.
07:52 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 5/6
Because make no mistake: if Trump were still as powerful as he used to be, Christie would be licking his boots.

Chris Christie is an opportunist and a grifter of the worst kind. He doesn't care about anything but amassing power. He's the villain in every book you've ever read.
07:53 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 6/6
And I, for one, and sick to DEATH of the fawning and the praise from "journalists" and pundits who seem willing to forgive and forget.

I don't want the wildfire that's Donald Trump running our country. But I don't want the dumpster fire that is Chris Christie, either.

Enough.
07:55 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Phil Nicolosi
B
In response to CentralNJ4Eva.
I remember it all too well. I'm a teacher in NJ. We're still recovering from the damage he did to education and the state in general. Total political opportunist and very dangerous. If mango Mussolini didn't exile him from his inner circle, Christie would be right there with him
08:02 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
In response to Phil Nicolosi.
This this this! I worked in education but my mother was a teacher under Christie, and I saw what it did to her and her colleagues (and mine).
08:04 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I didn't remember evwrything, but I did a little digging. He's a jerk too.
07:54 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
He's awful. And he's dangerous, because he's brilliant.
07:56 AM - Jun 20, 2023
JustDee
A
I know. ALL of these "people" who were/are part of the hell we have been living with do not realize that they can never wash the stink and filth off.
07:48 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
In response to JustDee.
To paraphrase CBF, indelible in the hippocampus is the horror of 8 more years of bad policy and even worse manners.
07:58 AM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}