CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 1/6
The pundits and the press swooning over Christie -- it nauseates me. He was the governor of my state for 8 years, so I had a constituent's front-row view to him at all times.

I get that people's memories are short.

But mine is not.
07:45 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 2/6
Teachers and state workers as "penny-pinching pension pigs."
Credit downgrades 11 times, 'til we were the 2nd worst in the nation.
"What do you want me to do -- get a mop?" as he vacationed while we suffered storm damage.
Anti-union.
Anti-abortion.
Anti-Medicaid expansion.
07:49 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 3/6
Him and his family on the f*cking beach.
Him robbing Pete to pay Paul through 8 years of his leadership and being angry and petty when we finally said "You can't do this anymore" with the transportation fund.
Bridgegate -- someone DIED.
07:50 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 4/6
And now, suddenly, his nasty mouth and cutting remarks are, what -- charming? Cheeky? Truthful?

He is a power-hungry snake oil salesman and I REFUSE to be awed by or thankful to him for doing the VERY LEAST HE COULD DO by *finally* breaking with the Mango Menace.
07:52 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 5/6
Because make no mistake: if Trump were still as powerful as he used to be, Christie would be licking his boots.

Chris Christie is an opportunist and a grifter of the worst kind. He doesn't care about anything but amassing power. He's the villain in every book you've ever read.
07:53 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
thread 6/6
And I, for one, and sick to DEATH of the fawning and the praise from "journalists" and pundits who seem willing to forgive and forget.

I don't want the wildfire that's Donald Trump running our country. But I don't want the dumpster fire that is Chris Christie, either.

Enough.
07:55 AM - Jun 20, 2023
JustDee
A
I know. ALL of these "people" who were/are part of the hell we have been living with do not realize that they can never wash the stink and filth off.
In response to CentralNJ4Eva.
07:48 AM - Jun 20, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
In response to JustDee.
To paraphrase CBF, indelible in the hippocampus is the horror of 8 more years of bad policy and even worse manners.
07:58 AM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}