Victoria Kodai
A
Gawain and the Green Knight (1973 UK) It’s #FondueSunday and today’s entry is this Arthurian story based on the poem of the same name. Gawain is challenged by the Green Knight to a deadly game. https://tinyurl.com/ywtu23pp #film #Movies
12:42 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Erin Snyder
A
In response to Victoria Kodai.
Yeah, the look is extremely close to Holy Grail. I haven't seen enough 70's fantasy to know whether they were specifically parodying this, if this was just the look of the subgenre at the time, or if it might have been like source, and my attempts to find an answer online were fruitless.
03:10 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Victoria Kodai
A
In response to Erin Snyder.
They must have seen this
05:34 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Erin Snyder
A
Certainly feels like it! I've just been wrong about stuff like this enough times to remain cautious.

Oh, did you notice the actor playing The Green Knight was named Nigel Green and this was his final role? I feel like there should weird theories about that.
10:49 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Victoria Kodai
A
I did not know that about Nigel
12:07 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Erin Snyder
A
There should be theories the movie was cover for Nigel gaining immortality, and that you can decode all the "green" references in the script to derive the formula for the philosopher's stone.

People waste their lives on flat earth bs when way better nonsense is just there for the taking. Sad.
07:30 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Victoria Kodai
A
Omg that’s brilliant
11:16 PM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}