Mark Rubin
A
What's the *main* advantage Spoutible has over Twitter? (Please share)

Compared to Twitter, Spoutible...

...has a better CEO

...is less right-wing

...has no algorithm

...is safer

171 votes — 04:09 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
In response to Mark Rubin.
I went with CEO, but honestly the best thing is his vision because it’s built into the structure of Spoutible and the user agreement. We are all here b/c we are choosing to create a space where you don’t have to accept that social media involves hate and harassment. #SocialMediaReboot
04:38 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
@Atpthornton

I agree on the CEO part, but I feel more pushed away by Musk than pulled to Bouzy, who I don't know much about.

I've heard people on Mastodon say it's risky to have any single person in charge, and that their federated model is safer. I get that. Twitter was OK until change of CE
In response to Alexandra Thornton.
04:48 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Pam McSt
A
The decentralization on Mastodon does have some benefits, but I still feel good about how Spoutible is structured so far.

Someone tried to attack the two main instances on Mastodon one day, and it was down, but the rest of the users didn't see any difference. 1/2
03:50 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Pam McSt
A
In response to Pam McSt.
Instances with a lot of people harassing others can be removed from the fediverse. There are a lot of things I like about it, but this platform feels more like the good things about Twitter without most of the bad stuff. 2/2
03:52 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
Mastodon’s federated model helps but is vulnerable to the whims of individuals too. Plus I think the learning curve there is higher.
05:20 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Alexandra Thornton.
@atpthornton Yes, and I agree with the not too subtle dig at Mastodon in Spoutible's Twitter post 👇
05:31 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
Not so much pulled to him personally (though what I know I like) but his view of the company both how it’s structured and that it’s not his personal toy. It’s not a toy at all, and has the power to do a lot of good. There is an inherent respect for the population here that is absent most places.
05:16 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}