DannyG
B
i keep seeing a LOT of discussion about maybe not talking about politics with people anymore.

the old saying "don't talk about politics, sex, or religion".

yeah, no thanks. i'd rather know that the people i spend my time with aren't awful bigots behind closed doors.
10:07 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Cathy D
B
In response to DannyG.
The patriots didn’t do lunch wit Benedict Arnold.
01:04 PM - Jun 23, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
In response to DannyG.
“I don’t talk about politics, sex, or religion” is the luxury position of the privileged who have nothing to lose if the fascists win.
08:48 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to DannyG.
"We are the algorithm" = We each curate our own feed. Anyone following ppl that discuss topics they don't like - stop following. If they're getting echoes from ppl they don't want to read - block them. But don't tell others what topics they can't discuss if it doesn't violate @Spoutible policy.
12:46 PM - Jun 21, 2023
DannyG
B
In response to Iz Here.
thank you but i am aware of this.
12:47 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to DannyG.
i miss the days when religion was a private matter that had no place in the secular worlds of school, courts, statehouses, etc. i’m picky irl about with whom i will discuss politics & sex. i had an in depth conversation with my neighbor about our town supervisor dem primary. we didn’t agree on /1/
12:27 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
a single point about the candidates & issues. but it was civil, free of rancor & we still love each others’ doggos. the guy w/the fjb sign nailed to his tree? don’t know him but i would cross the street to avoid him. he’s clearly stupid & dangerous. /2/
12:30 PM - Jun 21, 2023
kganje
A
In response to DannyG.
Absolutely agree with you!
11:55 AM - Jun 21, 2023
LezResist
A
In response to DannyG.
Not talking or caring about politics is the ultimate in privilege. It means being purposely oblivious to how issues affect others even if they don't affect you (although they actually do). It's selfish.
11:23 AM - Jun 21, 2023
kganje
A
In response to LezResist.
Yep! “Let’s just pretend it didn’t happen and have a nice day.” Nope!!!!
11:54 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to LezResist.
1/2 Exactly! Kids getting massacred in schools, social programs for children, the elderly & poor being cut, increasing homelessness due to rising costs,, increase police brutality on Black & Brown folks, the erosion of voting rights for marginalized communities, increased violence against the
03:59 PM - Jun 21, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
In response to DannyG.
it's way too dangerous not to...
10:48 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Sylvan Swanson
A
In response to TheLadyRed.
“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

― Plato
12:24 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Brian
A
In response to TheLadyRed.
Absolutely!
12:32 PM - Jun 21, 2023
David James
A
In response to DannyG.
I got grief on the bird site for commenting on US politics, but the fact is US politics affect many other countries too, not least of which is the one I live in. I shall keep on rooting for democracy in the US, because it matters.
10:37 AM - Jun 21, 2023
DannyG
B
In response to David James.
this is a point that many seem to ignore. our politics affect the entire planet, and it does matter.
10:38 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
In response to DannyG.
Exactly! Must be their lives are just fine. They're in a place where their well-being isn't at risk. The rest of us are supposed to just shut up and take it, I guess.
10:13 AM - Jun 21, 2023
DannyG
B
In response to Deborah Winfrey Keene.
they don't want to rock their own boat, and simply do not care about anyone else's.
10:19 AM - Jun 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}