Robert Reich
A
If someone tells you there's nothing we can do about gun violence beyond thoughts and prayers, remind them:

— Gun laws in other countries have stopped mass shootings

— More guns don't make us safer

— A majority of Americans want gun control

We don't have to live like this.
05:48 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Max Skepticos
B
In response to Robert Reich.
Uvalde…100 good guys with guns. Did nada.
02:57 PM - Nov 29, 2023
GrannyScrewsTheNews
A
The right always points to Switzerland where every citizen must have a gun. True, but the bullets are stickily regulated,
ID, a European permit to purchase, a criminal background check, and a weapons acquisition permit that is less than 2 years old.
12:50 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to GrannyScrewsTheNews.
Indeed. Proficiency testing is required regularly. It is a severe violation to have ammunition away from the range except for rare exceptions for LE and hunting. The culture around guns is strong in Switzerland, but it is completely different than in the US.

Adopting their model would work for me.
04:27 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Brown Sugar BLM
A
All Of This👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
07:10 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Jacqueline Church
A
This third image looks like it's an error we are so far off this chart. The "sanctity of life" people can #GTFOH . #GunReformNow
03:43 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Michelle Edge
A
We've done it before.
02:23 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Scott
A
In Australia we had the Port Arthur massacre back in 1996. 35 people died.

Then PM John Howard initiated a gun buy-back scheme and gun control laws which made it harder to get a hold of semi-automatic weapons and restricted access to firearms.

Why America? Why?
07:35 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
All of the arguments that Republicans make regarding their strong opposition to an assault weapons ban are absurd.
Republicans in several states have made it easier to get guns by passing Constitutional Carry.
01:50 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Kevin Hayden
A
The decade of restrictions on automatic weapons Bill Clinton got passed worked out quite well too.
12:20 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Graig Mellon
A
Especially when in the last midterm election, the voters spoke and flipped the PA State House, the MN State Senate, and both the MI State House and Senate to blue, with both MN and MI being Democratic trifectas. Having these trifectas gives us hope that change can happen in those states.
08:43 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:37 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Jenny_Jupiter
B
They claim it’s mental health and have no solutions for that either. They do NOTHING to help our country.
08:28 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023
peggy_blair
A
I'm in Canada. We don't live like this. I don't even know anyone with a handgun.
07:40 PM - Feb 14, 2023
sheri423
A
When I was a student I remember the horror or learning about societies who used to sacrifice their children to some pagan God. Now I wonder how we are any different.
07:00 PM - Feb 14, 2023
KLov@MildtheMist
A
Not only all that but in quite simple terms, there was reasons the wild west stopped using guns!
06:40 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Corwan
A
What can I say..
06:36 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Jess Martin
A
No, you Americans don't have to.

But you do have a powerful gun lobby that has captured a major political party. Unwinding that nexus is the complicated bit.
06:30 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Billy G Edwards
A
They are more afraid of books like To Kill a Mockingbird, which are clearly more dangerous than automatic weapons. 😐

The 2nd Amendment is not an absolute right. There used to be much stricter regulations on gun ownership.
06:29 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
Barbi Bougher
A
When is it going to be enough?
06:06 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Billy G Edwards
A
In response to Barbi Bougher.
When people who don't look like them are doing the lionshare of the shooting.
06:30 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Lesley Levine
A
There are at least two students at MSU who survived the mass shooting at Oxford High School less than 2 years ago. Same police department responded. My husband often says it will take Senators or House of Rep members’ children getting shot to make a difference.
06:03 PM - Feb 14, 2023
David Dittmar
A
I don't really want to link to muskybird, but here is a survivor of both the Sandy Hook shooting and the MSU shooting.

https://twitter.com/Phil_L...
05:54 PM - Feb 14, 2023
allwen6
A
In response to David Dittmar.
I just listened to your link. My first thing was hurt for this girl, my second was intense anger that this was allowed to happen again. Democrats need to take huge majority in House and Senate in 2024 and change the gun laws.
08:07 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
In response to David Dittmar.
Ooh, I must remember to use muskybird...
01:23 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}