Emily Provenzano
A
This is what gets me about the submersible situation. We've had non-stop updates and coverage of this vessel. Considerable resources are being allocated to find it. And in oceans and seas across the world, refugees fleeing for their lives drown with not even a whiff of concern from media.
01:12 PM - Jun 22, 2023
Shaun
A
In response to Emily Provenzano.
I definitely understand the sentiment. But we do actually live in a world where do we value some human life above others.

It's like the #boeing 737Max. If either of those 2 crashes happened in 🇺🇸, The aircraft would have been immediately grounded & Boeing facing $Billions in fines & lawsuits.
05:55 AM - Jun 23, 2023
Rebecca
A
And let’s not forget who funds these navies: Middle class taxpayers since the wealthy don’t pay their taxes. So it’s just more corporate welfare for the wealthy.
04:46 PM - Jun 22, 2023
DJ Whitlock
A
This pisses me off no end. Sure, finding the submersible is important (nobody deserves to die that way) but there are so many more people facing a similar fate that don’t happen to be uber rich and we barely hear anything. News has really fallen off the cliff! Ugh. 🤬
01:46 PM - Jun 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}