Susannah
A
I'm not sure I want to stay. Spoutible touted itself as a true twitter replacement, a place we could all be safer.

Then it appears to have left sex workers, kinksters, and other groups at specific risk of harassment & abuse online, to fend for themselves on twitter.

Disappointingly judgemental!
06:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
Shai
A
In response to Susannah.
At some point, he conducted surveys & adult content was mentioned & the results showed most people would rather not see it.
10:06 PM - Feb 14, 2023
In response to Shai.

@merry_shai deleted this reply.

10:14 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Shai
A
In response to Susannah.
He has a specific following that's grown over the last year or so (stemming from his defense of the Duchess of Sussex). I think most people who said no were tired of the unsolicited images that kept popping up. Spoutible is basically a safe haven for those who just got tired of bots & harassment.
10:28 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Susannah
A
In response to Shai.
And that's why we need something like a proper content warning system or a real way for content makers to flag it as NSFW, so filters can filter it away, or some such thing.

Consensual viewing isn't something sex workers will have an issue with.
10:32 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Susannah
A
(and then ofc the system can deal with the men posting such things purposefully to get around that consent and make people see things they don't want to see. I *hate* on twitter how men will post sexual things in trending Hashtags, for instance)
In response to Susannah.
10:34 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}