Also Wonderwoman
A
I need to update my resume and find a new job but for some reason - even though I write up processes and product requirements all the time - I have a really hard time with my resume. Any help or well wishes would be appreciated.
07:52 PM - Jun 25, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
In response to Also Wonderwoman.
self-promotion is really challenging for me, so I get it. are you on LinkedIn to let your network know you are job hunting?
07:55 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Also Wonderwoman
A
In response to thoughts of joy.
It's so hard! Yes I'm on linked in but part of my network includes my current job so I don't want them to know I'm looking. My boss is horrible but has management fooled. So i can't risk it.
07:56 PM - Jun 25, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
ooohhh. that would be awkward! management takes awhile to catch on to the managers who know how to manage up but not down.
07:59 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Also Wonderwoman
A
I think my biggest problem is I feel like writing about myself in a resume is like bragging and as a woman who's almost 50 in tech it's not easy to find the right balance to get a chance at an interview.
08:03 PM - Jun 25, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
yep yep. got you. tech is a weird place for mature women. you’re not bragging in that annoying, false way, though it might feel like it. Ignore that this is from goop, but I wonder if this could help.

https://goop.com/wellness/...
08:08 PM - Jun 25, 2023 (Edited)
Also Wonderwoman
A
Skimmed and I've bookmarked. Thanks so much!
08:12 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Also Wonderwoman
A
Really like this part (& ignoring it's from goop lol)
Instead, it can be more of a centered, honest sharing, and highlighting of what you’ve truly accomplished. It’s really just what you’d say if we were able to take your inner critic and your fear of being seen as arrogant out of the conversation.
08:14 PM - Jun 25, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
yes! happy to hear it resonates. I’m familiar with Tara’s book, Playing Big, so I just searched to find this article. I haven’t seen her site for awhile but she might have more info there.

https://www.taramohr.com/
08:24 PM - Jun 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}