Dr. Lucky Tran
A
thread 1/3
Instead of just interviewing tourists at the Washington Monument about their views on the pandemic, I really wish reporters would make the effort to interview immunocompromised, disabled, & higher risk people who can't even get medical care due to the lack of COVID protections.
09:44 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Dr. Lucky Tran
A
thread 2/3
Focusing interviews on people who in tourist spaces introduces a strong selection bias to stories. The people who are most impacted by this pandemic can't even safely access essential services like healthcare and public transport. They are being erased by poor media coverage.
09:45 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Dr. Lucky Tran
A
thread 3/3
Here's a great piece on bias in COVID reporting.

"Outlets have amplified voices that helped create a narrative that not only pathologizes those who remain cautious about the disease, but also fail to adequately convey the risks associated with Covid"
09:46 PM - Jun 25, 2023
K Ray
A
In response to Dr. Lucky Tran.
Will keep masking indoors around ppl outside our family. Our dau. is immuno-compromised. We vax, mask, and are trying to avoid reinfection after both dua. & I were bedridden for a month last year with covid. ~100 ppl daily are still dying in the U.S. from covid, & more are disabled w/ Long Covid.
11:00 PM - Jun 25, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

RaeDawg
A
Thank you for continuing to speak out for people like me. I appreciate you!
10:04 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
I haven't moved on.
My son was compromised.
I watched him die.
I will NEVER move on.
I will never stop protecting others who may be compromised without others even knowing.
I will never forget.
I am trying very hard to forgive. (not yet)
09:53 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Rebecca Mauk.
I am so very sorry for your loss. We, as a society, failed you. 💔
08:26 PM - Jun 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}