Scarab Rose
A
thread 1/6
I have been disappointed with some of the discussions here about US politics. Yes, we are at an extremely critical time and everyone should vote for Biden when the time comes, as he will rightfully be the Democratic nominee, and the other side is fascism. 1/
12:50 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
thread 2/6
That doesn't mean he is perfect. Many in the disability community, for example, are outraged at his handling of covid, and feel that for them, he has been no better than a fascist. I hope they find a way to vote for him. As he says, don't compare me to the almighty, compare me to the other guy. 2/
12:55 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
thread 3/6
And just because we have to vote for Biden, and many love Biden, and some of his policies have been outstanding, does not mean that we can't also discuss the ways they have not, and the ways that the system need improvement, regardless of who is president. 3/
12:57 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
thread 4/6
Is this the time to make changes? Absolutely not. We have to get through this time and have a democracy to improve, do all that we can just to keep what we have. 4/
12:58 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
thread 5/6
But the right has always had a long term plan, and we need to also be thinking about and discussing the ways we want the system to work better. Do we just want to settle for Democrats in control and continue this system as it has been? /5
01:01 AM - Jun 26, 2023 (Edited)
Scarab Rose
A
thread 6/6
I don't, not in the long term. I want to be critical, I want to envision better.
01:01 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Ericlo
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
The 10 tactics of fascism with Jason Stanley:
1. Mythic past
2. Propaganda
3. Anti-intellectualism
4. Unreality
5. Hierarchy
6. Victimhood
7. Law and order
8. Sexual anxiety
9. Sodom and Gomorrah
10. Arbeit macht frei
https://youtu.be/CpCKkWMbm...
(9:51)
The 10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think - YouTube

The 10 tactics of fascism, with Jason StanleySubscribe to Big Think on YouTube ►► https://www.youtube.com/c/bigthinkUp next ►►"Never Again?" How fascism hija...

08:52 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Thank you.

Biden is a steady hand when it counts most, and I trust him not to try to become dictator. When the alternative is fascism, that's enough.

It doesn't mean he's perfect. It doesn't mean we can't urge him to do better on, say, covid or immigration. That's not only our right, but our duty.
01:44 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Agreed. We always need to push our elected and public officials to do better, even while and when we support them. Even in less perilous times, we need to be more active than elect and ignore.
09:03 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Max Prophet
A
This is an example of the movement of both parties rightward. The situation we're in today could have been avoided had the Democrats sincerely addressed financial disparities and struggles the working class have faced leading up to democracy or fascism. I'm not confident about the outcome.
12:56 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Agreed.
01:03 AM - Jun 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}