Ellen Leigh
A
Found this from the bird site on Pinterest, but it is well worth reading. TLDR: Immigrants aren't stupid, they just have a language barrier, as most of our ancestors did when they came here.
09:39 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Thank you for bringing this to the surface
02:06 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Daisy Parker
A
What a beautiful story! It brought tears to my eyes. Kudos to great teacher Mrs. Gallagher and to you for sharing!
10:34 AM - Jun 29, 2023 (Edited)
Resident_hippie
A
True story, I have a couple of UK coworkers. One is *very* soft spoken & also customer at my in-laws store. My MIL one day said to me ”they don’t speak English very well.” 😤 I responded that English is in fact their 1st language & maybe she needs to listen better. I’ve got no time for that nonsense
11:10 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Resident_hippie.
Good for you! Indeed, an awful lot of us are really bad at the language, my husband is one of an entire family of people who butcher their words. It drives me nuts, but I will not shame them for it, it's just too deeply ingrained.
11:36 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
This former Air Force Korean linguist says Thank You!
10:58 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Galen Williams
A
A long time ago, I was an English as a second language tutor. I always told my students that they couldn’t possibly be stupid. They spoke TWO (often more) languages and most native born Americans only spoke one.
This is a really inspiring story. Thanks for sharing.
10:05 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Galen Williams.
Right? And English is a really hard language to learn, too.
10:09 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Trust Facts
A
In response to Galen Williams.
I told my students the same thing; that there command of their second language is far better than what I remember of my second language.
11:14 AM - Jun 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Marjorie Turner
A
Incredible reminder!
09:49 AM - Jun 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}