Christopher Bouzy
A
I asked the Spoutible community about adult content on this platform, and the users overwhelmingly said they didn't want it.
Susannah @KittenInACave
I'm not sure I want to stay. Spoutible touted itself as a true twitter replacement, a place we could all be safer.

Then it appears to have left sex workers, kinksters, and other groups at specific risk of harassment & abuse online, to fend for themselves on twitter.

Disappointingly judgemental!
06:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023
09:36 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Jenned hWjcuu
A
Filters, muting, blocking are effective ways for users to make their own decisions on what content they want to see and when they want to see it. Works for me!
Really makes it feel like the "Community" is an HOA board telling you what kind of plants you can have in your garden.
Let them in.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
02:52 AM - Feb 15, 2023
jimatdisney
A
In response to Jenned hWjcuu.
I disagree. Starting with the idea of 'allow everything' and then decide what not to let in does not work as well as 'what do we want to focus on'.

Forcing people to jump through hoops (filter/block/mute) to make a safe experience is what Bouzy wants to avoid.

1/2
06:54 AM - Feb 15, 2023
jimatdisney
A
In response to jimatdisney.
The best online spaces are heavily moderated. Letting everything in and then trying to prune does not work

I hear the plight of SW looking for a space, they need to realize that NSFW content turns off a lot of users.

The community needs to decide how to balance it.

Any setting needs to be
06:56 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Jenned hWjcuu
A
In response to jimatdisney.
I've never felt it was difficult or jumping through hoops when I click buttons to adjust my settings.
Seeing something posted by a sex worker has never made me feel unsafe.
But, this is one man's SM platform, and we are obligated to his definitions of difficulty and safety if we choose to use it.
04:52 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}