Christopher Bouzy
A
I asked the Spoutible community about adult content on this platform, and the users overwhelmingly said they didn't want it.
Susannah @KittenInACave
I'm not sure I want to stay. Spoutible touted itself as a true twitter replacement, a place we could all be safer.

Then it appears to have left sex workers, kinksters, and other groups at specific risk of harassment & abuse online, to fend for themselves on twitter.

Disappointingly judgemental!
06:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023
09:36 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Susannah
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It's interesting I never got a notification for a quote that caused a spiral of nastiness on my own thread.

It's interesting no one I know was asked about adult content here though we signed up early.

It's interesting so many comments in fact AREN'T anti adult content, yet this is your base.
06:03 AM - Feb 15, 2023
SusiAnsujali
A
In response to Susannah.
There was a survey via email in December at which point 100,000 people were pre-registered and should have received it.
06:06 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Susannah
A
Thanks for that info! I guess a lot of us just missed that earlier interaction.

Which... You know... Says something about who DID get the right of reply on the issue.
In response to SusiAnsujali.
06:10 AM - Feb 15, 2023
SusiAnsujali
A
In response to Susannah.
On the issue of who go the right to vote on this issue:

Chris said from the start in Nov:

those who pre-registered would get a say in how the platform would look like / operate etc.
We voted on the name, the logo, the design of the buttons, community guidelines e
06:18 AM - Feb 15, 2023 (Edited)
Susannah
A
In response to SusiAnsujali.
I also pre registered. But never got asked this. So the *earlier* crowd got a say on something that removes entire and marginalised groups. Not *all* of us.
06:20 AM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}