Susannah
A
I'm not sure I want to stay. Spoutible touted itself as a true twitter replacement, a place we could all be safer.

Then it appears to have left sex workers, kinksters, and other groups at specific risk of harassment & abuse online, to fend for themselves on twitter.

Disappointingly judgemental!
06:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
James Peries
A
In response to Susannah.
Thanks for Spouting this - I hadn't thought of this til you wrote. If we want to help people pull away from Musk's unsafe orbit sex workers, kink groups etc should be included. For now, Spoutible could do with a clear single account where you could drop this concern & weaknesses re accessibility.
03:04 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Susannah
A
Yeah someone specific being responsible for accessibility here would be brilliant.
In response to James Peries.
08:44 AM - Feb 15, 2023
James Peries
A
In response to Susannah.
What's a way that's workable re more adult content? Could it be that people have an auto-'button' that they can toggle on/off to to prevent seeing any accounts that carry an OF, JFF etc link for example. Or is that putting a judgemental slant on some members?
10:33 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Susannah
A
In response to James Peries.
I think it could absolutely work so that those posting sexual content can, for example, mark their profiles as such... And others can check no to viewing such content.

Besides that there are also tools possible to blur sexual images, or hide a post below a content note that unfurls on clicking.
10:41 AM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}