9Gen
A
How deep is your knowledge of the diseducation of Cuban children? How much do you know about extra-judicial murders? Do you understand why the USA refuses to support the Cuban people?

Next, let's do Puerto Rico. An actual USA territory that has been fucked over by the US for decades upon decades.
12:15 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to 9Gen.
You’re so right. We need to make Puerto Rico a State, but it won’t happen until Democrats control all three branches of government! ☮️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🙋‍♀️
12:53 PM - Jun 28, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Yvette.
Not our choice. Only Puerto Ricans can decide what's best for them. Our duty is to make sure they have a viable and trusted voting process.
12:58 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to 9Gen.
My husband’s best friend has family that lives in Puerto Rico. From what they tell him they WANT to become a STATE. Too many young people leave to go to the mainland to go to College and get better jobs. The people staying tend to be less educated and older, or very poor. The infrastructure is bad.
01:02 PM - Jun 28, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Yvette.
3.15 MILLION residents. Every single one of those 18 and over should have a vote but they won't. Do you know what the Junta is? I'm not saying your husband's friend is wrong. I'm simply saying there's an entire fucking island of voters who've been ignored for far too long. Also, see the Jones Act.
01:08 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to 9Gen.
Our friend is an Airline Pilot. He visits the island often. I know he has many relatives who still live there. Some live in the city, but many live in more rural areas. My impressions of it have mostly been through his descriptions and from reading about it. I know it’s economically depressed.
01:11 PM - Jun 28, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Yvette.
@extremearturo . Any words for this obviously privileged visitor? I'm trying to be nice but...
01:20 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Arturo Dominguez
A
In response to 9Gen.
She's using anecdotal evidence. It's not uncommon for a family to all want the same thing. Truth is, from my experience, Puerto Ricans want to be free of colonialism and to be independent. It's different when we know the depths of these conversation. She clearly does not.
01:41 PM - Jun 28, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Arturo Dominguez.
Thank you so much. I don't have the words. I do know that we have a Junta that fucks over the vast majority of Puerto Ricans. I appreciate that you followed up with/for me. Always happy to see you here.
01:44 PM - Jun 28, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Arturo Dominguez.
Appreciate you, always.
02:18 PM - Jun 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}