Professor Kyle
A
People...Biden can not unilaterally add justices to the Supreme Court. That's a total fantasy that just helps you stay mad at him instead of at
a) Republicans enacting all these evil policies
b) yourselves for not doing enough to elect Clinton, who would have given us a 6-3 liberal majority
01:57 PM - Jun 29, 2023 (Edited)
Chet Sandberg
B
In response to Professor Kyle.
I’m not mad I didn’t help elect Clinton, and if you think THAT’S going to make me vote “blue no matter who,” all I can say is “Thank you for pushing me toward communism.
11:06 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Chet Sandberg.
Do svidaniya.
11:10 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Doctor Michael
A
Simple solutions from simplistic minds.
08:30 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Pedro José Aponte Gil de Lamadrid
A
Thank you!
I wish everyone would realize that and just work on getting the vote out.
09:49 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Kris Y
A
12:27 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Graig Mellon
A
You're right... and I'll also add this - we focused too much on federal races and not on local state legislature races which in 2022 we let too many State House/State Senate seats go uncontested as shown below.

Recruiting everywhere even in tough districts helps statewide and presidential races.
12:22 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Graig Mellon
A
In response to Graig Mellon.
So instead of complaining they should turn into action and work hard to register voters, and/or run for office and not let that seat go uncontested by Dems. Some Dem state parties were guilty of leaving seats uncontested.

That's what they should do.
12:24 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
This is why I’ll keep harping on people taking a civics class or study https://www.uscis.gov/citi...
12:07 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
To be fair, I think a lot of people honestly have no clue how the government works and just think "the President's in charge, so anything that goes wrong is his fault".
12:05 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
There's no doubt. But also to be fair...I guess I'll just say I wish they would either put in the effort to learn or not blame Biden for something they don't understand.
12:08 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
I'm finding the same attitude with people Big Mad that Biden "didn't keep his promise" to help with college loan debt. He did what he could, without GOP help, and this Corrupt Court shot it down. He isn't a dictator, or is that what they would want?
11:59 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
Frankly, I think a lot of the more extreme "the Democrats are just as bad because they don't do more" types DO want that- they'll even outright say Democrats need to be more like the Republicans to win.

They just want a dictator who rules by executive fiat... for their team.
12:03 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I would anticipate that this is a Senate vote? Since it's just the Senate to choose a new Justice, it makes sense to me.
11:57 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
But to change the number of justices would take legislation, which requires all of Congress. The Senate alone votes to fill vacancies, but can't add justices.
12:04 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
There are not currently 51 Senate votes to approve four additional Justices to the Supreme Court should President Biden nominate them without a vacancy.

There is no shortcut to winning big (not just bare) Congressional majorities to reforming the Supreme Court.
02:25 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
Right. Nor can Biden just add new justices without a law changing the makeup of the court, which we'd need a Democratic House to pass.
02:27 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:08 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
Less shocked...as the film Memento suggests, the fantasy of unjust victimhood is more attractive than the harsh reality of where you lied to yourself.
02:37 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}