Christopher Bouzy
A
I asked the Spoutible community about adult content on this platform, and the users overwhelmingly said they didn't want it.
Susannah @KittenInACave
I'm not sure I want to stay. Spoutible touted itself as a true twitter replacement, a place we could all be safer.

Then it appears to have left sex workers, kinksters, and other groups at specific risk of harassment & abuse online, to fend for themselves on twitter.

Disappointingly judgemental!
06:01 PM - Feb 14, 2023
09:36 PM - Feb 14, 2023
DANIEL Mac
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I don't see any overwheming majority here of anything except giving a blur option. Even Twitter has that, so I'm sure you can do better without consigning an entire group of people to a slow, harrassed cyberdeath on Twitter.
11:04 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I can attest that the blur option only works when it works. Can't tell you how many times I was inadvertently exposed to someone's d*** pic on the bird site in spite of their best efforts to manage it.
In response to DANIEL Mac.
11:22 AM - Feb 15, 2023
DANIEL Mac
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
There's way's to filter it I'm sure. On the other site I my adult-oriented posts only show to those following me. I'm not about to post anything beyond g-rated here but I can certainly see how someone wouldn't want to have to rely on the Twitter cesspool.
11:27 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to DANIEL Mac.
Someone else suggested giving sex worker profiles a "Mature Audience" rating so others can filter in/out based on preference.

If Spoutible moves forward with this at some point, maybe they can create categories for straight, LGBTQ, etc to help protect the LGBTQ and Trans communities
11:37 AM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}