Deb Bailey
A
For those who didn't vote in 2016 - or need to be persuaded to vote in 2024 - is this real enough for you?

Audre Lorde said, "your silence will not save you." They're coming for our civil rights. And we can't let that happen.

Catch your breath. Get your spirit together, then let's get to work.
12:41 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Graig Mellon
A
In response to Deb Bailey.
And I'll also add this - did those who sit out or voted third party in 2016 not focus on state legislature races? Was there no Dem on the ballot?

State legislature races are very important but it's also important to make sure those should run for office, even in the toughest districts.
12:40 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Graig Mellon
A
In response to Graig Mellon.
So, persuading them to vote in 2024 we need to remind them that in 2022 in a number of red/non-voting states, we let too many seats in the State House and State Senate go uncontested.

After seeing this below, maybe tell them it's a good time to run for something?

We have to...
12:42 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
In response to Graig Mellon.
Yes. We have to pay attention to everything from local/city, state to Fed. A lot of these school boards have been infiltrated because we don't pay attention to those races. Recent events have made me realize how important that is.
02:15 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
If you failed to vote for HRC in 2016, plus every other D down to the damn dogcatcher in 2018, 20, & 22, -OR- you voted for some 3rd party/"protest"

ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FORKING FAULT!!

Voting isn't a HS popularity contest

It's a strategic choice about your rights

Apathy & ignorance help fascism
06:26 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
Agreed. I'm still pressed about what happened during the 2010 midterms. Every election matters. As soon as the Repubs get power they work to flip all the levers in their favor. They don't care about the people, they play the long game so they can retain power.
02:27 PM - Jul 02, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
I kinda love this 🤣🤣
06:08 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
I do too. Saw the picture on Twitter a while back and saved it.
02:29 PM - Jul 02, 2023
MaryU
A
My biggest fear is that people will become so weary under the burden of consequences from these deranged decisions over the past year that they will just give up…We simply cannot let that happen!
01:01 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
In response to MaryU.
Yes, I agree. It's tiring. It's frustrating. It's traumatic. But the alternatives are worse than we can imagine. That's why working together and being strategic is key. It just sucks that we have to keep fighting these same battles.
02:35 PM - Jul 02, 2023
MaggieMae
A
12:54 PM - Jun 30, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
abso-fkng-loutely
12:44 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}