Mary Locker
A
A duopoly is what we have. That's simply fact. Elections are a choice for Dems (forward movement, though likely slower than you'd like) or the GOP. The latter proves daily that they are the enemies of all but power-hungry, greedy white men. Any other vote disappears into the aether. It is useless.
David 1914 @drfire
I don’t see where voting for Dems all these years have helped. If you believe that a duopoly is all we will ever have then you continue to vote for the Dems. But if you believe the Dems can should be replaced with a less conservative party then things might have to get worse before they get better.
10:02 AM - Jun 30, 2023
10:31 AM - Jun 30, 2023
David 1914
A
TY for one of the few sensible responses I’ve seen. Yes our choices are limited. I vote for Democrats not for myself but for the harm reduction for my people back home. I just don’t see enough people truly giving thought to what is going on and what can be done besides Vote Blue No Matter Who.
In response to Mary Locker.
01:11 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to David 1914.
Let me add another simple truth. Our legislature is also a duopoly.Those very few who won seats as Independents must vote with one party or the other. Lisa Murkowski votes GOP. Angus King votes Dem. There is no third choice except abstain. Which is, again, useless. I expect work for my tax $$$.
03:53 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}