Brandon Bulkley
A
With the decisions by the #BogusSCOTUS today and yesterday I'm finding it hard to have a reason to keep voting. The democratic party seems content to run on the other party being crazy. They won't even entertain getting rid of the filibuster or expanding the court so what's the point?
12:18 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mike Vangelos
A
In response to Brandon Bulkley.
You're kidding, right? You have it backwards. The Democratic party doesn't have a magic button that gets rid of the filibuster. It has a tiny majority. The decisions you don't like are the result of people NOT VOTING. If you want things to change, vote, and convince others to vote for Democrats.
12:31 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Brandon Bulkley
A
In response to Mike Vangelos.
I know that. They're not fighting for it at all. I live in KS and I'm always voting in the minority. I'm just tired of it all. The Democratic party loves to give little crumbs to make you think they might actually do something then shrug their shoulders when they can't.
12:47 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mike Vangelos
A
Little crumbs? The first two years of this administration gave us the greatest set of laws we have seen in our lifetime, except 64/65 with the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act. With NO MAJORITY in the Senate. It would have been better had more people voted in 2020.
01:10 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Brandon Bulkley
A
In response to Mike Vangelos.
I agree about voting. Here's my point: The Rs are using every trick they can to erode democracy. Biden needs to do something unprecedented. Maybe pull out the HEA card and automatically forgive thevl debt promised. I don't know...
01:24 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mike Vangelos
A
I see your point. The only answer, the ONLY answer, is to get 3 more senators and about thirty more congresspeople. In 2024. Then we'll see if they have the guts to get rid of the filibuster and make more progress.
01:34 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}