Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
Developing and releasing an app isn't ordering a pizza. Not only do we have to make sure it runs on hundreds of devices, but we also have to get approval from Android and Apple with each release. Bugs pop up and need to be fixed. The iOS app will be released when the iOS is ready to be released.
Nemeth/Star Productions @nemethstarproductions
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
06:00 PM - Jun 30, 2023
06:10 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
The last thing we need to do is release a buggy app that will make people upset. Our Android users love the app, and there haven't been any significant issues. We want to make sure our iOS users have the same experience.
06:19 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Indigo
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
As an android user I approve of this statement. Thanks @cbouzy and #SpoutibleTeam ☺️👍🏾
12:10 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
"The iOS app will be released when the iOS is ready to be released." IMHO *that's* how you should've phrased it from the very beginning. It may sound like an a$$#@le response, but you'd have been less stressed about it and people would get less impatient. 😋

P.S. Can we get an order pizza button?
08:00 AM - Jul 01, 2023
TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him)
A
So, then that means it's a calzone? *comedic drum fill*

Hey, I'm Italian so I get to make that dumb joke. Keep up the good work.
07:21 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Festivus
A
I’ve got a problem with people who can’t wait for a good thing. I would love for the iOS app to be ready, but if my choices are an app run by fascists (Twitter & BlueSky), a confusing app (Mastodon), a buggy app lacking features (Post), or using this platform on a web browser, the choice is easy.
07:15 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
As a long-time macOS developer, and more recently adding in iOS & iPadOS apps, I can confirm that developing and releasing an app DEFINITELY isn't ordering a pizza. I'm impressed by how much the Spoutible team have already accomplished and their commitment to releasing the best app they can
07:13 PM - Jun 30, 2023
joisk@
A
In response to Mike Yenco.
🐳Spoutible app op my iOS 17.03 works just fine for me and I’m greatful.
07:50 AM - Oct 09, 2023
Great Sex At 60 | The Podcast
A
This incessant impatience is so annoying. Are you still able to log into the App and send your Spouts via the web browser and interact with people who are kind, smart, engaged and non-violent in every way? If so, just sit back, Spout and enjoy and trust the process. 💋
06:42 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
My patience level is thin today. But that’s because of BIG issues going on around us. Not something as minuscule as the iOS app. You have the same functionality on your phone basically from the website version. @cbouzy and Team are working to make this a great experience. 🐳
I’m patiently waiting…
06:41 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
I’m not in a hurry. @Spoutible works great on my iPad using Firefox
06:36 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Gloria H
A
People REALLY need to get a grip & develop some patience. Like your dad said when you were on a road trip, “we’ll get there when we get there.” It’ll be ready when it’s ready.
06:23 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Dan Eldredge
A
Hell hath no fury like a user demanding instant gratification from a free app.
06:21 PM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
I continue to have no issue waiting. I know the iOS app is critical to bringing in another wave (!) of users, but browser is fine for me for now!
06:17 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Caryl D
A
@cbouzy
Chris,
You took stand & created Spoutible out of a need for safety, justice &free speech with guard rails for honesty

Those of us who follow Spoutible understand what a Herculean feat you have achieved in so short a time.

I appreciate your hard work and can wait until you fix any problems
06:17 PM - Jun 30, 2023
KMRidgley / Artiste
A
I'd like to order a large iOS App with everything on it and extra cheese, SNAP!

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
06:14 PM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)
Barbara Edelman
A
i’m waiting patiently. i know it will be great. meanwhile, my web browser (chrome on pc; safari on iphone) is more than sufficient.
06:13 PM - Jun 30, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}