Bun the Franky
A
Echoing for all the newer people. YOU are your own algorithm. Your timeline is ONLY people you follow. Click Explore to drink from the firehose and follow people who interest you. It's definitely NOT all politics here. Curate your experience, don't expect the site to do that for you. And enjoy!
Tricia @TriciaPTC
Spoutible is only 5 months old. There is no algorithm, you are your own algorithm. You are only following 21 folks.That limits your Timeline. Go to the Explore section, find folks that interest you, & follow. Some celebs are here but not super active yet. That will come as Spoutible grows. Patience.
03:09 PM - Jul 01, 2023
03:14 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Gayle Edwards
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
@brazenduchess - have you seen this? It’s great info on how Spoutible works x
04:31 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Donna Schwartz Mills
A
Thank you. I don't think I understood that before now.
05:04 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Donna Schwartz Mills.
I'm happy to help, and nearly everyone here is enthusiastic about answering questions. This place looks familiar but works so differently that it can take some getting used to.
06:34 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Chas Johnson
A
Honestly, I kinda wish there was an algorithm. I've been here since the beginning, I follow almost 600 people. And my timeline is still very repetitive and I can never hang for long without getting bored. How many do you have to follow before it gets interesting?
04:49 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Silke Spoutista
A
In response to Chas Johnson.
Here is what my experience has been to keep my timeline fresh. I not only follow many many great folks, but I contribute to the threads. Engagement seems to offer the best of the timeline refresh.
But to get it this way. Spend most of the time on the explore tab for content you won’t see otherwise.
06:20 PM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}