Ronald Alexander
A
Well, this throws a monkey wrench into the debate
09:52 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Deb Montague
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
What's missing is where did those officers go?As we've seen in other places, bad apples get hired by other communities without having to change anything. It can be argued they aren't going to change. They have simply gone somewhere where their attitude is accepted.
11:02 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Deb Montague.
So we need a national database with every police officer's records. Stop making sense and since you are making sense you can no longer participate in the debate
11:07 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
Six figures to be a cop is insane. And I have never met a cop with one-tenth the professional competence of any of the $36k/year soldiers i had the honor of commanding. This is part of the problem. We take the marginally employable and make them feel powerful.
10:48 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
As long as we debate the problem on MAGA/GQP terms we will never win and I am not mad at Democrats who do because I know the right has the most powerful tool in their playbook. White Supremacy. Anytime there is any chance for reform, show a Black man coming after White woman and the convo is lost
11:03 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Smitty187 Smitty187
A
So the threat of exposure caused the likely bad apples to exit. Others have theorized that police presence antagonizes people & aren't a deterrent.
10:44 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
Our police “system” (in quotes cuz there is nothing systematic about it except for the racism) might be the best example of inertia killing a government agency. There’s no real mission statement, no oversight, no performance metrics that we put to the occasional vote. Simply out of control.
10:40 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Adam Hackney
A
It's as if the threat of accountability caused the worst actors to quit to escape it.
10:01 AM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}