Portia McGonagal
A
Like other Black women and true allies, I'd get aggressive pushback from white women when addressing the historical reality of racism within the Suffragist and Feminist movements. It's one reason I tend to speak out more about white women because we're supposed to share goals. 1/
01:47 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
In response to Portia McGonagal.
01:58 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
Wow. Way to negate the experience of Black women with the suffragette movement and center yourself. And you clearly are unwilling to listen and understand.
04:07 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
So yeah, racism was and HAS BEEN a big problem with feminism. Even with the candidacy of Barack Obama, you had Geraldine Ferraro insisting he "wait his turn."

Y'all don't listen to Black women or endlessly tone police us when we call you out on problematic shit.

LIKE THIS.
02:20 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
02:22 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Jan| יעל Loose Joints
A
IME, “focus on what brings us together” is ww speak for shut up we don’t want acknowledge the ugly history of white feminism nor do we care about your life experiences and the very real dangers of white supremacy in the feminist movement.
02:19 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Jan| יעל Loose Joints.
02:21 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
'We educated, virtuous white women are more worthy of the vote.' ... She talked about how much worse black men would be as voters than the white women about whom she was concerned, and she was really quite dismissive of black women's claims.

https://www.npr.org/2011/07/13/137681070/for-stanton-al
02:18 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
02:20 PM - Jul 03, 2023
9Gen
A
She was as typical a purveyor of white supremacy as any white man ever was. A horrorific history of reality ww don't want to acknowledge (I wonder whyte that is). We learned, long ago to celebrate Sojourner Truth as the only woman who truly advanced voting rights for women.
02:25 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
02:16 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
02:15 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
02:17 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Rosetta
A
1/2 The reason why it sickens me to see Susan B. Anthony worshipped as a hero. She was a racist and purposely refused Black women from participating in the suffrage movement. But we did anyway! We have always fought for our rights. She infamously said "I will cut off this right arm of mine before I
02:27 PM - Jul 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
02:13 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
No. I've gotten that simply for mentioning it, being told I'm wrong, providing quotes and links etc.

Further, it's exactly this kind of "you didn't experience what you say you did" kind of BS that comes out in these discussions.
02:03 PM - Jul 03, 2023 (Edited)
Irminsul Harp
A
02:10 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Vaughn Hilton
A
You are not wrong. History proves you right. Even with affirmative action giving white women minority status I saw white women in HR NOT hiring Black qualified women because of their racism and misplaced superiority.
02:16 PM - Jul 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}