David James
A
I have been involved in the Internet for a long time, before the Internet, when it was just bulletin boards, I have seen Yahoo groups come and go, I worked for AOL as a designer for a while, I have seen social media become all pervasive, but I’ve never seen anything as strong as Spoutible could be!
07:56 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
Same here - except all the work I ever did on websites was with FrontPage. Usenet was a hellhole, back in the day, but nobody really moderated it, so it just stayed a hellhole until any given bad faith user gave up or got bored. Agreed on Spoutible's potential.
In response to David James.
08:08 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Konstantine
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
FrontPage! Haven't heard a reference to that app in a while. I learned to do some basic web dev using FrontPage back in the day.
08:35 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Konstantine.
I could do minor troubleshooting, like making sure tags were closed, etc, but I wasn't a genius. I could have taken classes, probably, and done that - but I didn't do it. By the time I would have been in a position to pay for it myself, the field was contracting.
08:37 PM - Jul 03, 2023
David James
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
I made a decision only a couple of days ago that I am board sick of designing & building websites, and I’ve been working in web for a long time for some very big names, but at the end of July, I will finish the one I’m currently working on for a client and that is it, just my own sites from now on.
08:09 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to David James.
Congratulations! Do what you enjoy.
12:44 AM - Jul 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}