ItsMooooooooose
A
Now that I've added the app after updating my password, any #gardeners out there know what is happening to my bell pepper plant?
10:54 PM - Jul 05, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
In response to ItsMooooooooose.
Close up pictures are difficult to diagnose because surrounding environment is important but with the yellowing, droopy leaves the best guess is watering issues. How often/how long/what time of day are you watering?
10:58 PM - Jul 05, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
In response to DeAnna Munchkin.
it's on a pretty high flowing drip about 9 minutes twice a day at 8:30 am/pm. It looks yellower here than in person, and I'm wondering what's happened to all the leaves on the lower part of the plant.
11:42 PM - Jul 05, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
That's very helpful! Peppers don't like wet feet so it's likely overwatering unless you live somewhere that its 90s+ daily.

I would switch to 15 minutes in the morning, and only if it didn't rain the night before. If you are unsure you can stick your finger an inch or two into the soil.
11:59 PM - Jul 05, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
If the soil is already wet you can skip watering that morning. Avoid the evening watering whenever possible as that can lead to fungal issues.

If it is 90s+ then you can water longer in the morning to help it get through the day. 🌱
12:04 AM - Jul 06, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
I think I'll have to reduce the flow because it's all on a timer and all the tomato plants are doing great. It was 108 one day last week but for the most part it's been in the 90s.
12:42 AM - Jul 06, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
Yikes that is hot! In that case, yeah you would want to water longer in the morning. It is difficult for sure because tomatoes love their water. Maybe try reducing the flow for a couple of days to see how it goes. If it helps your peppers, then you can supplement by hand watering the tomatoes extra.
07:25 AM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}