Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I learned to vote beyond what directly affects me. I do not have entitlement syndrome and realized that when you think beyond what just impacts you so much more gets done for everyone. Some of you refuse to see how only worrying about yourselves have left you selfish in your political investment.
10:43 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
💯 eg the congressman said "he didn't think a mass killing like the one in his
hometown could happen in Maine." It's sickening that people don't care about things until they're happening to them. Yes, it's good that he's changed positions but his statement disgusted me nonetheless.
06:17 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Tim Graf
A
Up until 2012, I voted for the things I needed. Since then, I have voted for the things I believe the next generations will need because it's likely I won't live long enough to benefit from a lot of it, and I refuse to saddle future generations with my myopia.
06:38 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
100% agree. I’ve said it many times before, and I will say it many times again, we all need to vote not for candidates who will satisfy our own narrow self interest but for candidates who will do the most for people who have *less* than we do.
05:19 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Same here. I grew up as the least important person in the family, learned early on how to think about other's needs before my own as self protection, or there would be hell to pay. It's second nature now, and extended to actually CARE about those that need more than I do.
05:01 PM - Jul 06, 2023
C Ed
A
100% It's why so much political bs is focused on outrage politics so the ave. person doesn't see who is really @#$%ing up their lives. This is the way one party stays in power instead of actually getting shit done for the majority.
04:53 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Al Gray
A
Agreed.
02:13 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Bren
A
Well said
02:09 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
Plant a tree you may never see! ❤️✊🏻
02:09 PM - Jul 06, 2023
William Tulloch
A
I refer to myself as a pragmatic progressive, because progressive policies aren't just morally superior, they literally make society & the economy function better. If I want the $$ I've invested for retirement to really work, I need everyone to be able to maximize all their skills & abilities.
02:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
Vote to protect the most vulnerable amongst us and you will protect yourself too.
11:06 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Bren
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Exactly
02:10 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
05:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
My gram worked for GE. She taught me about how unions worked, how she worked picket lines for things that didn’t affect her pay/department bc there was need. It was part of her lessons on voting. I pass those lessons to mine. It’s about more than just self.
10:59 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
This is so very important!
10:58 AM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}