nine ✡︎
A
as a trans teen in florida, i am terrified. constantly. not just for myself, but for my younger siblings that live with me. by florida law they can be taken away by the state for me simply being around them. i cant do that to them, how am i supposed to live like this
06:15 PM - Jul 06, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
My Lord.........
03:50 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Shawn Scott
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Wherever you are, I hope you’re thriving. ❤️
05:33 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I’m so sorry. I can hardly even imagine the daily level of anxiety you’re being subjected to. I’m thousands of miles away but I support you in your journey and I’m amazed by the selflessness of your concern for your siblings. You are a great person
06:26 PM - Dec 13, 2023
This Gurl
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I live in FL too. In a red lead county. I am sorry you live in fear. No one should have to maneuver life under those conditions. There are people that can help: https://www.sunserve.org/
https://www.eqfl.org/trans...
https://outcoast.com/flori...
09:47 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I am heart-broken that so many hv 2live in fear like this. It makes me so very angry. It will take everyone voting the ppl out of office who are putting these laws into place 2turn things arnd. Doesn't help in the short-term, but reach out to ppl for help if you need it& vote as soon as you're able.
10:41 PM - Jul 06, 2023
ravenbeagle
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
💜🫂 all the feels. I live in a ‘safe’ state and even here the community is terrified of what’s happening all over this country. You may already know, there are a couple of places you can talk to supportive trans folks 24/7: translifeline.org, thetrevorproject.org. Holding u in my heart 💖
08:39 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Diogenes Wept
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
It fills me with rage and anguish to see how absolutely inhuman the Christofascist Republicans have become. The delight they find in spreading bigotry and making it dangerous for their fellow humans makes me want to scream. I am so sorry you have to go through this.
08:24 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Jim Brooks
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
You have people here surrounding you with love. Please don’t be afraid to reach out if you need us.
08:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Her Name Is Rio
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
No one should have to live like that. It's so wrong and so frustrating.
There is some good advice here that I hope is helpful to you.
We are here anytime. 💕
08:10 PM - Jul 06, 2023
K Ray
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
08:06 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Mary Ellen Kratt
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
So sorry this is happening. You are who you are. We accept you here. Please stay strong.
07:59 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Hi. The state of Florida is very wrong. I’m so sorry that you have to go through this.
07:41 PM - Jul 06, 2023
kganje
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
You are who you are. It’s scary to be persecuted for this. There are some very good suggestions in this thread. Hugs.
07:38 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Kat Fitzpatrick
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I can't imagine what it's like to have to endure such cruelty. I am so sorry this is happening to you. I hope you can find support where you live, and know that there are many, many, many people here who care about you and your family. I'm one of them.
07:29 PM - Jul 06, 2023
EliseKress
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
You may be able to find attorneys there who give free help. Please hang in there. As others have said, this is about a few horrible people's personal ambition and has nothing to do with who you are. 🙏
07:28 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Look I dunno where you are, but I agree on having parents look into attorneys. As well, if any social services calls get made about your siblings, there are good folks you could stay with if you need to be gone for a bit.

I am so very sorry. I'm in FL too with an extra room.
07:27 PM - Jul 06, 2023
K Ray
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Just know that NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT! Your rights are being violated simply for your governor's political ambitions. There are many ppl, and orgs trying to help you & your LGBTQ+ community. I second the idea of having your parents consult an atty.
07:24 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Squidly
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Hi Nine! There is a program in Provincetown, MA that is designed to help trans youth take a mental health break from oppressive environments. They don't have anything for this summer, but please reach out to them. Provincetown has a trans week too!
https://www.summerofsass.o...
07:20 PM - Jul 06, 2023
RA
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Know that there are people (and places) that will welcome you with open arms. There are better places than Florida, and you could make plans to go somewhere else if/when that is possible. 💕
07:08 PM - Jul 06, 2023
C Ed
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I am so sorry you have to go through this and I hope you can find safety and peace.
07:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Listen you are not the problem AT ALL! That said, I get being afraid and wanting to protect your family in an unjust situation. Just say it if you need advice, hugs, ragey memes, cat pics, or all of the above
07:00 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Fola Olu
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Your parents need to get an attorney, so 1 you will know your options and 2 you and your family will know how to answer questions if ever approached by a school official, police, cps, etc.
07:00 PM - Jul 06, 2023
I am jo dontchaknow
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I am so sorry you are going through this and I rage at the adults in the room that should know better. Please stay safe. We are trying our best to oust the evil politicians who want this shit, but I know it's not guaranteed nor is is fast enough to help you. I am truly sorry - we have failed you.
06:59 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Mary Ohlson
B
In response to nine ✡︎.
It's NOT you! They are the evil ones!
06:51 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Randy Resists
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
You deserve to be your authentic self! Things are bad now, but they won't stay this way. Keep striving! Sharing pain & anxiety often makes life more bearable until things improve..
06:45 PM - Jul 06, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I'm sorry hateful bigots have created this reality for u & ur family. It's by any measure more than u r supposed to be havin to navigate. Live knowin that sometimes we're the *would do anything*-er for someone we🧡& sometimes we're the *would do anything*-ee from our🧡d ones. Turns, not either/or's.
06:42 PM - Jul 06, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to BigBrownGirl.
#LightingOneUp for you & your family. I know it's not changing any of the terribleness right now, but know there are some 84 million of us in as many different ways workin to ensure your safety & freedom. 🎲 🏳⚧ 🏳 🌈
06:45 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Ginger Ninja
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Try these. List a bit out of date, but maybe they can give you a shield. #HelpTransKids

https://transequality.org/...
06:41 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Amanda Finley
A
In response to Ginger Ninja.
Yay! I'm glad you're here.
06:46 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
I can't imagine being trans and living somewhere that causes you to live in constant fear. I try, but I can only do my best to empathize. You've come to the right place for understanding and to find real allies. This entire community will provide you a safe space and help in any way we can. ❤
06:36 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Sending you much love and hugs❤️
06:35 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Remo
A
In response to nine ✡︎.
Only thing I know about trans is that what they are doing to you is wrong
06:32 PM - Jul 06, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}