Deirdre Assenza
A
I am hearing some chatter all over the interwebs that #instagram users are discovering #Threads accounts already created for them, without their input, simply because they already have IG accounts. Lots of speculation that this accounts for a huge chunk of Threads reported 75 million users. Just FYI
07:10 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
In response to Deirdre Assenza.
(droning tone) “oh no i am so shocked by Meta’s alleged entirely on-brand behavior…”
02:12 AM - Jul 09, 2023 (Edited)
Lisse (she/her)
A
If an IG user signs up that is associated with you as an IG user, it will automatically pre-load your account data to Threads if that person added you as a contact on Threads. My AIDSWALK Board group did this to me. It took me directly to the App Store and had my info.
07:41 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Wow. What a crappy deal!
07:48 PM - Jul 08, 2023
K Ray
A
That would make sense that Threads accounts are set-up automatically within Meta's internal structure...notwithstanding, annoying IG account holders. It gives Meta bragging rights to the media about all those accounts created w/in hours of going live. Sounds like it's all about marketing/publicity.
07:31 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
Have avoided all things Zuck like the plague for years…. No surprise with any insta-thread fuckery that will go on.
07:28 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Konstantine
A
Since I haven’t set up / created a threads account is there a way for me to check if one was auto created by just accessing my insta account?
07:27 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Deirdre Assenza
A
In response to Konstantine.
No I keep trying to figure out the same. I think you have to download the app to discover it.
07:28 PM - Jul 08, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
In response to Konstantine.
I hadn't logged into my old Instagram account in over 5 years ... but I did just recently because my daughter is traveling in Italy and posting images.

I'm also really interested if I got slam-subscribed.
10:59 PM - Jul 08, 2023

Only followers of this user (JamiLeeD) can see their posts

janey s
A
Also that deleting your threads account deleted your IG account
07:21 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Clarke
A
Not signing up. No reason to go there.
07:18 PM - Jul 08, 2023