I Smoked Threads
A
By the way, I'm still ever impressed that Zuckerberg, with endless financial capital and a huge slew of programming resources, managed to roll out a prodcuct with fewer features than Spoutible on day 1. Gotta hand it to these billionaires. They're killin it
12:44 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
Zuckerberg has no vision. He basically got lucky with Facebook mostly in terms of timing with the introduction of smartphones and death of myspace, he caught the wave of web/social-media 2.0. Note that other than buying and copying other services, he has done nothing innovative.
12:51 PM - Jul 09, 2023
I Smoked Threads
A
Facebook was quite the innovation but yeah, he had a lot of help with the timing and the ingenious way it was rolled out
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
12:54 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
Facebook's best move was the organic way it built it's community through colleges and universities which also created a genuine verified user base. I think Classmates.com (remember them?) tried this first but it was too web 1.0. Sometimes a person/company can be innovative, but just too early.
01:01 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
And I still say Zuck is overrated. Facebook's initial advertising product was weak, their original mobile app was notoriously bad, they always had lame excuses for slow reactions to predictable online abuse, and I will NEVER forgive him for being blind to 2016 election manipulation.
01:03 PM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}