Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Dad The Geek
A
Well, tell me exactly what it is when I get attacked for being a white male? I don’t even know what to make of the whole “cis het” thing.

It happens more often than you think. And I’m here to say it’s something that chases allies away.
In response to Emily Suess.
11:24 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Jeff Pilchard
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
01:55 PM - Jul 13, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
Start here 👉🏽…“the whole “cis het” thing”🤦🏽‍♀️
Don’t like to pile on. I do believe you have true intentions to be an ally. But, disparaging others ain’t gonna get it. You’re even privileging your allyship. True allies respect others. Conversations re: the marginalized is NOT an attack on WM.
01:11 PM - Jul 13, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
eh, I'm dubious that he really wants to be an ally. he just wants the clout of being an ally... 🤷🏼‍♀️
01:18 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Alice Glass
A
I think you might consider why those descriptors are being used.
We tend to describe trans or gay people thus, right? Then why not use cis or het to describe people who are those? Because you see them as the default?
That's changing quickly & normalizing all identities means treating them the same.
12:04 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Alice Glass
A
In response to Alice Glass.
(at last in how they are described using those terms - not the same across the board in all ways, which doesn't support equity. I am taking equal language usage here.)
12:04 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Alice Glass.
I only use the trans term for my child when in arguments like this. When I have to point out that I’m offended that I’m being lumped into a category because of how ai look and who I love.

See… it’s pretty hateful all around, isn’t it?
11:59 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Socio-gen
A
I say this as a white cis het woman: you need to sit down and figure out why you're feeling defensive here.

And then sit for a LONG time and think about what it means if your allyship is conditional on other people not making you feel defensive, on marginalized people catering to your feelings.
11:46 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Diane Pinkerton
A
Nobody who's a legit ally is chased away by being called "cishet."
10:15 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
It never happens. You might be called out for privilege or for racism, but that's not an "attack."
10:06 AM - Jul 13, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
Please reread the original thread: it wasn't saying negative things about the characteristics of being cis, het, or white. It was saying negative things about voting for the political party that hurts LGBTQIA+ people, or refusing to learn and examine and grow out of biases against that group.
09:48 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Pro-Science Establishment Dem
B
Oh piss off.

Tell me when in your whole fucking life when you've truly been attacked for being a white guy.

Tell me *one time* when you've been physically or verbally assaulted & put in fear of bodily harm for being a white guy.
09:42 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Why are you bent out of shape? Those are just adjectives, like gay and trans are adjectives. Why do you think it is an insult? I am a short, blue eyed, white, cis, het woman. It is a neutral description
09:40 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Captain Renault
A
"Chases allies away"? People who hear it and are chased away aren't ever going to be allies. This is common usage nomenclature. There's no reason to go out of your way to find a chance to use it but when it's appropriate, don't shy away.
09:27 AM - Jul 13, 2023
M Briatack
A
1- The two prefixes are used in biology and chemistry exactly as described above. It's nomenclature, not an insult.
2- Anything that "chases you away" means your "allyship" is conditional and thus not allyship at all.
12:07 AM - Jul 13, 2023
PS Annie
A
I don't understand why you perceive this as an attack? I'm genuinely confused.
I'm also a cishet white person and Kace is right. It's our demographic that is problematic & dangerous to marginalized folks. If you agree that marginalized groups are equal & worthy of protection, how can you deny it?
11:42 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Emily Suess
A
I don't really feel like you're going to agree with me that your taking this as a personal attack is actually an expression of fragility. But that's my answer: you're not being attacked, you're being fragile.
11:38 PM - Jul 12, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
In response to Emily Suess.
💯💯💯
01:21 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Comrade
A
Then you were never an ally to begin with. If you can't admit that straight white dudes are THE problem in the world right now, you're beyond helping.
11:27 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Comrade.
I’ll be nice here.

Tell my Trans kid that I’m no ally. I dare you.
11:35 PM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}