Hannah Ensor
A
thread 1/5
I've just realised....no-one I know IRL locally is on here, so I can actually say: My mum lives abroad, but is coming to the UK in Sept, and I am SCARED. She loves me, but has lost the capacity to take in new info (?dementia?) so -
05:55 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Hannah Ensor
A
thread 2/5
she literally cannot understand or follow my boundaries - including those essential to managing my health. So I simultaneously love her and want her to be happy, but time spent with her is scary because she has no understanding of my needs or the impact of her actions :(
05:57 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Hannah Ensor
A
thread 3/5
For context, she stayed with me for 6 months a year ago - during that time she could explain my boundaries to her friends, but was completely unable to 'do' them. The result: my health deteriorated to the worst it has every been, and my baseline is still maybe 50% what it was before she came.
05:59 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Hannah Ensor
A
thread 4/5
family and a few v close friends are rallying round to help - she's staying with friends, and we have a family chat group specifically for 'mum support' - she gets markedly worse when lonely, so a quick shout on there, and people will step in with interaction (either visits from my local siblings,
06:04 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Hannah Ensor
A
thread 5/5
or videocalls from those further afield. Typing this has actually helped! It is a VERY different situation from last time (esp as I was the only person seeing her behaviours for the first 4 months - so no-one else could properly support - this time, there's a whole group aware and ready!)
06:06 AM - Jul 13, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
In response to Hannah Ensor.
At the end of her life my mom had some form of dementia (dates wrong, forgetting if she took meds, etc). I was afraid of her driving even locally, so I understand how scary this is for you. I hope all goes well….
06:02 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Hannah Ensor
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
Thank you.
06:07 AM - Jul 13, 2023

Only followers of this user (mxmnull) can see their posts

Hannah Ensor
A
In response to Null (ze/zer).
Good idea. She has a few health issues that she is aware of, so uses airport assistance - her recent flights have gone well. But if she seems to have deteriorated further by then, I may well do.
06:01 AM - Jul 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}