Kelly L. Green, Ph.D.
A
Hi folks! 👋 I'm a clinical psychologist & researcher at the University of Pennsylvania studying the effectiveness & implementation of psychosocial treatments for suicide risk. I mostly spout about {#id:3683#}, evidence-based psychotherapy, implementation science (#ImpSci), & my dog, Bowie.
01:45 PM - Feb 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Please tell us how we can help, including by spreading the word about guidance and support. The crypto and broader financial market situation doesn't bode well--perhaps for young men in particular. Other somewhat distinct subpopulations likely will emerge, adding to so many that are already at risk.
In response to Kelly L. Green, Ph.D..
09:03 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Kelly L. Green, Ph.D.
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Will definitely do some posts along these lines, but I'll say that the single most effective thing that anyone can do is to promote social connectedness: check on friends, offer support, don't be afraid to ask someone if they're thinking of suicide, deeply listen before trying to problem-solve.
07:52 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Kelly L. Green, Ph.D..
For my part I've made a conscious effort to smile & wave whenever (safely) possible at drivers & others passersby while out on my daily walks & less frequent bike rides (during better weather conditions).
It feels good, & more are 'beating me to it' now. It's going to matter.
#EveryLittleBitHelps
07:58 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}