Steve Marmel
A
Grief if f*cking weird.
One minute you're existentially sad.
The next, you're having fun with friends because your friends cheer you up.
Then you feel guilty you're having fun.
And it just cycles over and over.
08:02 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
I've never suffered grief, though I am preparing myself to as I slowly lose my parents to dementia. Some days I can be sanguine about it, and some days it just kills me. You had such a loving relationship with your mother. And in the end, having had love is better than not.
04:05 PM - Jul 16, 2023
Janice Mac
A
Yes. Good description. It sucks And when it doesn't, please don't guilt yourself. You are human and have a full range of emotions. You are not wrong for expressing them all, in anyway you want. Just don't hurt yourself. Be kind and loving to yourself, no matter the feelings.
07:02 AM - Jul 16, 2023
EVA DIAZ
A
Grief.

Multi-faceted, all encompassing, wounding, wordless, numbing, paralyzing, then…

Shapeshifting.

Shared, yet lonely.

Always evolving (let’s not kid ourselves about “closure”).

Time helps, but does not always heal.

Grief then shapes us, and the way we live and love.

Yes, it is weird.
12:54 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Bev Resendez
A
Grief comes in waves. My mom, sisters and I are very close. My father was murdered when I was 15. I lost my older sister in 2018 and my mom in 2019. At my mom's funeral we found out my youngest sister had cancer. We made a pact to express our grief even if it made others uncomfortable. Hugs to you.
12:08 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
Yeah, it does.

And then the time between changes gets longer. You spend months being happy, living, enjoying - and then you remember the person you no longer have with you, and on top of the grief is the guilt for forgetting you lost them.
11:59 PM - Jul 15, 2023
MegsGotMoxie
A
I resemble that comment
Sarah Apfel
A
Exactly like that. You never know from minute to minute. People ask if you're OK, and you don't know what to tell them. You just have to give in sometimes, and you have to try to look after yourself for everyone who loves you and needs you, and let people help when you need that, too. 💔
11:57 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Theresa Navarro
A
It comes in waves, doesn't it, some waves bigger than others. I wish you well, Steve. Just keep breathing. ✨️
11:41 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Rick Skewes
A
Speaking from experience, you just have to roll with it for now. And realize that everyone grieves in their own way, so there isn't a normal process for it.
09:18 PM - Jul 15, 2023
JayGo VOTE BLUE
A
I hear ya. I'm coming off the worst year of my life. It gets easier but it doesn't always feel that way. Just remember that it is not selfish to focus on your well-being and happiness.
08:57 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
It is weird
My bro passed in 2009 and I still get mad. One of the best people i have ever known and he died while complete AHs like 🍊💩 and Gym Jordan are walking around free, rich, and causing stress to the rest of us

One day, I will remove my bro's info from my contacts. That day is not today
🕊
08:55 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
I get that. My brother died in 2007 and I only let go of his info last year. If you're ready you're ready, but you might never be and that's OK too. 💛
Dianne Ames
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
My beloved only son died Oct. 13, 2009. I still use his computer wallpaper, add to his FB page & read his old emails. I play his guitar & listen to his music: https://www.4starbiz.com/B... // I'll never be ready to delete a single thing of his. *Environmentalist* is my fav song he wrote @ age 16.
12:40 AM - Jul 16, 2023
TheAdenede
A
time makes it less intense, less whiplash around those emotions, less intensity around the sadness. try to embrace the highs and lows so you don't end up stuck in the lows
08:27 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Emily Suess
A
I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but I'm also convinced you'll be OK because you recognize how f*cked up it is.
08:10 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Bev Turner
A
It's the unexpected times that are the hardest. Can't figure out what to do with it?
08:09 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Sometimes you think the worst, sharpest grief has passed, only to have it come roaring back completely unexpectedly. I wish grieving was a linear, predictable process, but it couldn't be less so....
08:05 PM - Jul 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}