Maurice Welch
A
Day 1 Spouter here 🙋🏽‍♂️

Can anyone tell me if there’s a reason why I can reply to some people and not to others? I’m scratching my head trying to figure it out. 🤔
10:49 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Peter Fraser
A
In response to Maurice Welch.
Welcome to Spoutible! Is that a picture of the Superstition Mountains in your bio? I used to live in Apache Junction and saw those beautiful mountains every day!
12:01 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Peter Fraser.
Yes! We love camping at Lost Dutchman! Preferably when it’s not 117 degrees! 😂
12:04 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Diana Lukasik
A
Hi 👋🏻 and welcome aboard!
I see you received an answer as to why you can’t reply to certain accounts. It’s due to a setting they have, but it’s only temporary. Glad to have you here and happy spouting! 😊
11:04 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Diana Lukasik.
Thank you! I'm feeling quite welcome indeed! Loving all of the engagement and conversations taking place. I just wish there was a tutorial of sorts for those of us just joining. Might save me from asking a question that I'm sure 100 others have asked. lol
11:11 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Lori Anne Thomley
A
Welcome to the pod 🐳 !
I don’t know the answer to your question, but here’s a link to the Spoutible Help page. Once there, you can check the Knowledge Base to see if it answers your question. If not, you can submit a ticket.
Cheers!
https://help.spoutible.com...
11:01 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Lori Anne Thomley.
Awesome! Time to do my research to avoid more foot-in-mouth syndrome. lol
11:23 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Mary Morgan
A
It's an option in the Anti Abuse settings. This picture is how mine is currently set, but it explains your question.
11:01 PM - Jul 19, 2023 (Edited)
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Mary Morgan.
Thank you! The error message I was getting didn't provide any helpful information. It's easy to think it's a user error and not related to a security setting.
11:05 PM - Jul 19, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
10:59 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Lizzy BOLDLY
A
If you go to Account Settings, Enhanced Protection, you can set your own reply restrictions. If you stay here for a bit and are slightly active, most of our reply restrictions will probably go away for you.

I temporarily add more restrictions to my account during times of troll or bot attacks.
10:59 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Socio-gen
A
Welcome! Some people (myself included) use settings that prevent new accounts from replying to our spouts if they're less than x-days old and/or have less than x-followers.

It's an anti-trolling/anti-bot measure.
10:56 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Socio-gen.
You can set your own by going to Account Settings > Anti-abuse > Enhanced Protection.
10:58 PM - Jul 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Ray Willis, Jr.
A
The individual may not have “everyone” set as who can reply to a spout.
10:57 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Ray Willis, Jr..
I didn't even know there WAS a setting like that! 😂 The challenges of a Day 1 Spouter I suppose!
11:00 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Lil Ole Me
A
Welcome! I’m sorry I can’t answer your question but I wanted to say to say hello!
10:51 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Maurice Welch
A
In response to Lil Ole Me.
Thanks! And hello to you too! 😃 It seems that I can at least reply to you. That's progress. 😊
10:53 PM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}