True-Blue Spoutonian
A
11:05 AM - Jul 23, 2023
Alfredo Dominguez
A
In response to True-Blue Spoutonian.
The traitors could not own land in the USA. They moved to the Territory of New Mexico where they could own land. I know some of their bitter spawn, who still think the South will rise again.
08:43 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:29 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:16 PM - Jul 23, 2023 (Edited)
Cuppy
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
Thank you. I just bought this book.
09:37 PM - Jul 23, 2023
True-Blue Spoutonian
A
03:15 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Alfredo Dominguez
A
The KKK is still in Roswell. They just are not in the parade anymore. They don't ride horses and burn crosses on black's property anymore.

https://www.rdrnews.com/arts_and_entertainment/vision/roswell-s-version-of-the-kkk-only-lasted-for-1...
08:36 PM - Jul 23, 2023 (Edited)
Barry Shapiro
A
I recently read Timothy Egan’s “Fever in the Heartland” about the resurgence of the Klan in the 20’s. Oregon was a KKK stronghold. That’s not why I moved here 15 years ago. They would not have taken too kindly toward my wife and me. They still don’t.
02:19 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Alvin The Chipmunk
A
My ancestors were Texas slave owners that migrated to AZ after the Civil War. Their racism was transmitted to my father, who was very racist. Oddly, he didn't pass it to us kids. I actually didn't know until he was in his 80's.
11:24 AM - Jul 23, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Alvin The Chipmunk.
Same with my fraternal side. Not slave owners but tenant farm workers. It seems dad's side got indoctrinated that POC were holding them back and keeping them in poverty which is insane. He never used ugly language around me or his grands. For that I am thankful.
01:46 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Claudia Citro
A
In response to Alvin The Chipmunk.
Evidently, your father evolved. Good fr him, and you.
08:26 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
This is fantastic analysis. It also backs up the claim Ulysses S. Grant makes in his memoir where he notes at the time of his writing that more former Confederates had taken positions in governance than former United States military members.
This is the forebear of modern conservatism in this nation
11:13 AM - Jul 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}