Clyde Morgan
A
thread 1/5
So, I wasn't diagnosed until this year (52 yo). After years of depression and manifesting every symptom of ASD, I finally sought answers and was shocked, Shocked I say! to learn that I was autistic. 🧵
12:13 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 2/5
And mind you, I have always considered myself a smart person with a keen observation for facts, and I have autistic cousins, but for some reason I never considered it for myself. It was not an option, other than some funny reactions to textures. I joked about being an Aspie, not Autistic.
12:13 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 3/5
But the moment I went down this road and had all my subsequent Kayser Soze moments, I noticed that how I observe myself, my inner voice and my special inner inner voice, had changed. I was now aware of myself, my body, my voice and all my symptoms. I no longer hated myself or chided myself.
12:14 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 4/5
I had become a Zen Master of my mind finally. In addition to the evolved thoughts and spiritual awareness, I noticed that the Inner Monologue voice had changed. It was lighter, more happy, not embarrassed or trying to mask. My Inner Voice seemed like a different personality.
12:14 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 5/5
I had been recast in my own TV show by a younger, fresher actor.

Is this something I should talk to my therapist about? Am I going through some kind of personality disorder that I haven't heard of? Or is this normal?
12:15 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Elspeth
A
I will always be thankful for my son’s 3rd grade teacher who knew he was different and needed more. He has thrived and in college now.
In response to Clyde Morgan.
09:02 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
In response to Elspeth.
I luckily (or fatefully) fell into theatre and got a degree in Theatre and Dance. This gave me the ability to learn how to mask (act) effectively. Plus a theatre social circle is immensely more accepting of neurodivergent people.
10:02 PM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}