Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
"White feminism acts to homogenise feminism: to assert mainstream dominant feminism as The Feminism, which is not true; this is an act of white supremacy."

Also part and parcel of why that scene in Barbie is going to impact me differently as a BBIMP woman than it will for others.
05:57 PM - Jul 27, 2023
K Inspire2
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
I don’t think enough white women enter the movement to be real Allies but that just my thought. I see too many white women upholding white supremacy and I don’t expect much from them if I’m honest. Kudos to the ones who are True Allies, however.
08:34 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Dıanna
A
In response to K Inspire2.
As a white woman, I learned a LOT from Black Twitter. Once I learned to listen more & engage less, I adjusted my convos w/ fellow white-woman would-be allies, to emphasize the value of learning to be at least open to the idea that we don't know an awful lot about other womens' lived experience
09:44 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Laura Diamondstone
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
If you haven't read Nnedi's thread in Barbie, highly recommend it. Will link it (on FB) if you like. I got a lot of toxic wht femnsm pushback when I promoted it as an important perspective.
01:36 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Laura Diamondstone.
Thanks for the heads up! I think I found the public post, bookmarked it, and will read it later...
03:55 PM - Aug 07, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to Laura Diamondstone.
Please link it.
09:27 AM - Aug 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}