Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
"White feminism acts to homogenise feminism: to assert mainstream dominant feminism as The Feminism, which is not true; this is an act of white supremacy."

Also part and parcel of why that scene in Barbie is going to impact me differently as a BBIMP woman than it will for others.
05:57 PM - Jul 27, 2023
K Inspire2
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
I don’t think enough white women enter the movement to be real Allies but that just my thought. I see too many white women upholding white supremacy and I don’t expect much from them if I’m honest. Kudos to the ones who are True Allies, however.
08:34 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Dıanna
A
As a white woman, I learned a LOT from Black Twitter. Once I learned to listen more & engage less, I adjusted my convos w/ fellow white-woman would-be allies, to emphasize the value of learning to be at least open to the idea that we don't know an awful lot about other womens' lived experience
In response to K Inspire2.
09:44 AM - Aug 20, 2023
K Inspire2
A
In response to Dıanna.
And Louder for the folks In the back.
01:26 PM - Aug 23, 2023
K Inspire2
A
In response to Dıanna.
Well stated. At least you were/ are open to Listening which I believe is a part of doing the work. Listening leads to learning, which opens up the opportunities to enrage and get involved. Some ppl don’t even want to listen and that’s an issue IMO
01:25 PM - Aug 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}