Lexi S
A
Just an observation but some of y’all treat Spoutible as your backup plan when something goes wrong Twitter instead of actually building a platform here (or elsewhere). All while being treated like absolute garbage on twitter by management and users. But hey the heart wants what the heart wants!
08:40 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Catherine B
A
In response to Lexi S.
I'm not dropping twitter anytime soon tbh.
06:06 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Shira Turrentine
A
In response to Lexi S.
I have folks on Twitter that have refused to come on over to Spoutible. I post our Sunrise pics & daily flower there to special folks who look forward to them, some with cancer. For some reason Spoutible won't post my Sunrise pics, only my daily flowers. I love Spoutible. I'm committed.
07:13 PM - Jul 31, 2023
Orlando Fuentes
A
In response to Lexi S.
Change is hard, I went cold turkey deleted Twitter and haven't looked back.
07:07 PM - Jul 31, 2023
Sharon Alger ☿️
A
In response to Lexi S.
I prefer Spoutible, I just don’t know people very well yet over here. It’s hard to let go of the people I’ve come to know on Twitter
02:41 AM - Jul 30, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Lexi S.
Actually the only reason I still have anything there is to inform other sane people about the alternatives
03:52 PM - Jul 29, 2023
kat4obama
A
In response to Lexi S.
You're so right! I woke up and now post my garden updates on Spoutible and about 1% on T and remind bird followers it's all here if they want it. Also use T mostly to get #BidenHarris and other info/videos only available over there, talk to T-only friends, and mention how nice it is on Spoutible.
03:26 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Fola Olu
A
In response to Lexi S.
I still get news from the bird (x) app. Waiting the news outlets to move over here.
12:16 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation
A
In response to Lexi S.
I only go back to Twitter now (FoPRR over there) to encourage my 20k+ followers to come over here to #Spoutible . Wish they were here!

Spoutible is my Plan A all the way. Starting from scratch but loving it here. My new home.
07:22 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Jade In NM
A
In response to Lexi S.
NAILED IT!
06:11 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Jade In NM.
Thank you! I figure they’ll come around eventually
07:16 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Boadicea TX
A
In response to Lexi S.
Basically, I go on the #DeadBird to promote #Spoutible and harass #txlege .
05:07 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Whoa!
A
In response to Lexi S.
I left Twitter last Nov. It wasn't hard for me because I was a latecomer to Twitter anyhow. I had only been there a year and a half or so. Spoutible wasn't a thing yet, so I landed on Mastodon and started building a community over there. I came to Spoutible as soon as I realized it was up mid-Feb.
02:23 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Dr. Sandra Thompson
A
In response to Lexi S.
Right now, without going into detail, I've managed to get to know a lot of people on Twitter who have the same health-related condition that I have. The ONLY reason I'm still there is because of that. I want to make sure I keep in touch with these folks.
01:34 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Dr. Sandra Thompson.
I totally understand! There are some that I follow on Twitter who’ve joined spoutible but only show up when Twitter breaks
01:58 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Lexi S.
I think that's true for some. I also know a lot of people were waiting for the apps to be available, and others want to see more pols, journos, and people they know come over. That last part is a catch-22.
01:31 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
I was once that way until I realized that I’d have to be ok with starting over. Hopefully others will eventually get there
01:59 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Paula Beard
B
In response to Lexi S.
twitter is an addiction. People don't realize that they can breakup with it. Breakups are hard. Just do it! Your people will follow you here. And you might make some new friends here!
01:29 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Tonya Alston
A
In response to Lexi S.
👆🏽 That part.
11:47 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Barbara NAFO Davis
A
In response to Lexi S.
I want to be where the WaPo reporters are, and sad the reporters all seem too be so excited about Threads.
11:36 AM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Lexi S
A
In response to Barbara NAFO Davis.
I’d imagine that won’t last too long. Threads came in hot and fast and seems to be burning out just as fast
02:00 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
In response to Lexi S.
It's important to stop feeding the twiddites.
They are still stuck in the 'but he gives me attention' hole of the abusive relationship.
They'll cling.
Don't Feed The Twiddites.
They need to forage elsewhere.
11:22 AM - Jul 28, 2023
The Diva
A
In response to Lexi S.
I asked a question abt an automated way to find all my Twitter folks that are on here. Haven't received a response yet. Until then I'm slowly finding my Twitter folks over here 1 by 1. It takes time...

But I'm not really on Twitter and when I am, I'm on Spoutible at the same time finding people.
11:18 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to The Diva.
That’s great and the approach I’ve taken as well. It’s more so people with super large followings that I’ve noticed pop in here when Twitter breaks searing they’re through only to go right back
02:01 PM - Jul 28, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
In response to The Diva.
It’s not “automated,” but cbouzy did spout this yesterday.
05:55 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Evette Allerdings
A
In response to Lexi S.
I decided to go cold turkey and deleted the bird app 4 months ago. I truly miss the people that I followed but an increasingly number of them are starting to post here. If I click on a Spout and it directs me to the bird app, I don’t read it and I exit.
11:12 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Sonya Baker
A
In response to Lexi S.
I’m not deleting my twitter account until my political party joins Spoutible. TeamPelosi !
11:07 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Doctor Michael
A
In response to Lexi S.
As soon as Spoutible went live, I deleted my profile on the dead app.
10:56 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Dee Nelson
A
In response to Lexi S.
I split my time between here and Xitter, because the folks I want to read are still mostly on there.

Their alternate platforms are NOT on Spoutible... they're on Post, Mastodon, Threads, you name it. I'm not gonna visit all of those.

I do make sure that Spoutible gets more of my original content.
10:49 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Becky Cline
A
In response to Dee Nelson.
I miss quite a few profiles on X. They may still feel like they have the best reach there, but most of the comments on their posts are hateful. I don't know why most of them tolerate such nastiness. They don't have to.
12:03 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Dee Nelson.
That’s great! I used to split my time but have spent less and less on Twitter
02:03 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Heather Crowell
A
In response to Lexi S.
Sadly, I think people are still trying to figure out their next options. I think people who were successful on Twitter for a long time were hoping that it would change. There are a lot of here committed to it’s success and don’t see it as a back up plan. We have to get others here!
10:24 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Heather Crowell.
I think eventually they will come. Some are still reluctant and riding the wheels of twitter til they fall off
02:04 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Dee Incognito
A
In response to Lexi S.
Very true. Spoutible is home for me. It's where I feel comfortable to be me.

But I do go back to twitter when there's major Trump news because I follow a bunch of lawyers who aren't here and I like to read the analysis.
10:22 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Dee Incognito.
I totally get that. Every so often I go to seek out some whose political/legal opinions I value
02:06 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
In response to Dee Incognito.
I love being here, but I also still follow my Kpop bands there (no choice, the official accounts are all there.) There is also some political commentary I check daily that is only there.

This is my happy chill place. 🙂
04:49 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Martini C
A
In response to Lexi S.
This is a good point. Some people seem to want immediate gratification from a platform that isn't even six months old yet.
10:10 AM - Jul 28, 2023
The Diva
A
In response to Martini C.
And some, like myself, don't expect that at all and we're doing the manual work of trying to find our faves over here to make this space more engaging for ourselves and others. I really like this app a whole lot but it takes time to cultivated any social media space. It's not instantaneous...
11:22 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
I definitely agree with this!
02:06 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Martini C
A
In response to Lexi S.
This is a good point. Some people seem to want immediate gratification from a platform that isn't even six months old yet.
10:10 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
I definitely agree!
02:07 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Misha Van Mollusq
A
In response to Lexi S.
The Library is open and Tea has been served
10:05 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Monwan
A
In response to Lexi S.
It isn't the platform we keep going back to, but the people there who haven't yet move to another site (either this one or another one). Some people I don't want to lose touch with.
09:53 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
In response to Monwan.
Yes, I’m checking in with my people, those few I’ve interacted with, trying to coach them over here.

I am committed here. Period.
10:01 AM - Jul 28, 2023
James K Jefferson Jr
A
In response to Lexi S.
Different strokes for different folks😊
09:52 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
In response to Lexi S.
I use both pretty equally and would not use Twitter at all if I could get the people in the TTRPG community to move over here. The transition for that group likely won’t happen until we’ve grown a bit more. In the meantime, I’m building an awesome community here and bragging Spoutible up to them!
09:46 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Lexi S
A
In response to Rae Lyn Fox.
Love this!
02:08 PM - Jul 28, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}