Matt Egan he/him/his
A
This is one of me pet peeves. Churches SHOULD NOT be tax exempt. The Prosperity Gospel churches! If the idea is "The more money you send, the more God will help you", you shouldn't be allowed at to operate at all. Other churches have so much income, they cant be exempt anymore 🤬
DJNoneYa @DJNoneYa
04:59 PM - Jul 29, 2023
05:20 PM - Jul 29, 2023
D’Angelique Dopson
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
Also, wasn’t this kind of thing exactly what triggered the Protestant Reformation in the first place? Among other things, Martin Luther had a problem with Catholic Church indulgences. Now the same thing is happening in Evangelical churches.
Such hypocrisy.
05:31 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to D’Angelique Dopson.
People don't understand history and are repeating it as we speak. We have to do better, not just in the theological realm. Everywhere. I respect religious people who actually act by the teachings of Jesus and do good works, but they're rare. Ironically, I tend to befriend them, despite my atheism...
09:49 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Liberal Is Not A Four Letter Word
A
There is supposed to be a separation of church and state And yet churches can freely tell their congregations who and how to vote for
05:31 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Liberal Is Not A Four Letter Word.
This is especially bad in the christofascist autocratic demographic. We need to fight them st every level. From school boards to national political figures, we have serious house cleaning to do...
09:51 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Alvin The Chipmunk
A
The Prosperity Gospel is aa serious Con. Those grifters are fleecing the flock on the regular.
05:26 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Alvin The Chipmunk.
I know there's freedom of speech and religion, but I don't understand how something so obviously detrimental to society can freely allowed to grift day and night1🤬
09:54 PM - Jul 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}