Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
Employers don't get it. Disability judges don't get it. Family don't get it. So-called friends don't get it. It's time for folks to get it. 💜♾️ #ChronicPain #chronicillness
https://pin.it/2o5j4gD
02:53 PM - Jul 30, 2023
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
Between 1992 & 1994, I went before the same racist disability judge 5x, before I was approved. He told me that I was attractive, well-spoken, & well-educated, & that I could get a sitting-down job, manning an elevator. What buildings in NYC still had those types of elevators, I asked? 🤷🏽
04:21 PM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
I just don't know what they expect you to do. The minute an employer feels someone will be a liability, your ass will not be hired. Until someone proves me wrong, I am sticking with it. 💜♾️
05:03 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I don't even tell people I know IRL. Obviously family but other than that, no one. I can't work so. I dunno, I guess I've been dismissed so much, even by doctors, that it just started to feel like folks thought I was a whiner. I know I'm not. I just quit bothering.
03:17 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I feel you there. I was one of those individuals who hid their feelings and didn't complain. So when I finally lose my shit, everyone treats me like I'm a pariah. After just telling me what a great employee I was.
I'm neurodivergent. So are my children.
03:22 PM - Jul 30, 2023
William Tulloch
A
Ma was chronically ill and what always amazed me is how people didn't get how much illness she would put up with to continue functioning. When the rest of us would have been in bed she was teaching elementary school. That's 1 reason her final cancer went undiagnosed until the end.
03:07 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Insley James
A
Raising my hand: I get it. Watched my grandmother suffer and now, practicing what I learned from her: an injury (caused by a driving texter) has left me in constant pain* so I certainly can't climb mountains anymore, but I'll be damned if it will take away joy or make me grumpy. (I call it Painpal)
03:03 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Insley James.
When you're a single Mom and your family relies on you, it's about time. 💜♾️
03:07 PM - Jul 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}