Christopher Bouzy
A
We don't allow adult content and that policy will not change. Creating an account here to complain about a policy that was available before you created your account isn't cool.

You can find out more here: https://help.spoutible.com/support/solutions/folders/150000295079
08:03 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I know a fair amount of trans women whose only source of income is their Only Fans or other sex-related content. Trans folks turn to sex work because of societal discrimination not necessarily because they want to. Blocking all adult content is a death blow to a trans community on Spoutible.
08:11 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
But… if they have an #onlyfans account, why can’t they just say stuff like “check out my OnlyFans acct” without directly linking to the acct or posting pics?

I’m not being a dick on purpose, I just don’t get the problem I guess.
In response to Luna Witch.
08:17 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
Also, OF accounts posted on social media have a fairly low click through rate. 1-2% of people who see a link click the link, and 1-2% of people who click the link sign up. Adding barriers of entry just drops the amount of people more. (Numbers are based on other click through rates I know of)
08:24 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
Ok so if the click through rate is already super low across ALL #socialmedia platforms, why does it fall on #Spoutible to increase those clicks?

#IJS 🤷‍♀️
08:33 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
That's also banned by the community guidelines.

"Engaging in sexually suggestive or explicit language in posts, comments, or private messages."

At best, it's in a grey area. There's no good way for a sex worker to reference going to their OF if they can't give their username or link to their p
08:20 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
#KirkAcevedo wastalking about starting an #onlyfans acct over on twitter & I doubt @Spoutible & @cbouzy gonna go after #spouts like that 🤷‍♀️

@kierstenwarren what do you think about this issue as it relates to #SpoutiblePolicies ??

Some of the #sexworkers are not happy with the policy…
08:27 AM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}