Christopher Bouzy
A
We don't allow adult content and that policy will not change. Creating an account here to complain about a policy that was available before you created your account isn't cool.

You can find out more here: https://help.spoutible.com...
08:03 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
I know a fair amount of trans women whose only source of income is their Only Fans or other sex-related content. Trans folks turn to sex work because of societal discrimination not necessarily because they want to. Blocking all adult content is a death blow to a trans community on Spoutible.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
08:11 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Shane Holmberg
A
In response to Luna Witch.
No social media allows OF content directly. Instead people post links to those pages. Unless I missed it, the rules didn't forbid saying "here is a link to my OF, please check it out".
10:29 AM - Feb 19, 2023
SusiAnsujali
A
Are you implying all trans people are sex workers and no trans person could interact here on Spoutible without posting adult content? 👀

“the trans community” cannot exist without shlongs and graphic sex acts?

Srly folks, don’t make this policy about sex workers or trans people. It’s bullshit.
09:46 AM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
stephanie roberts
A
In response to SusiAnsujali.
TY for saying this! That comment was so disrespectful. 🕊️
10:13 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Jill Baker
A
No, people looking for adult content can go to sites like Only fans. There are several social media sites that allow the sharing and promoting of adult material. Spoutible just isn't one of them. Trans people can talk about the struggles of being trans here and NOT be doxxed or abused by bots, reli
08:31 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Jill Baker.
The only social media site that allows promoting of sexual content is Twitter, really. One of the struggles of being trans is "we are discriminated in the workplace and many turn to sex work to pay the bills, but we are demonized further when we do and places ban our existence."
08:41 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Carolyn
A
I don't think they are blocked from promoting their account, are they?
08:29 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Ms. D. Dyer
A
In response to Carolyn.
The policy as it is written, says yes, no links to adult websites.
08:39 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Writertomg
A
In response to Carolyn.
Yes, they are
08:49 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
But… if they have an #onlyfans account, why can’t they just say stuff like “check out my OnlyFans acct” without directly linking to the acct or posting pics?

I’m not being a dick on purpose, I just don’t get the problem I guess.
08:17 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
That's also banned by the community guidelines.

"Engaging in sexually suggestive or explicit language in posts, comments, or private messages."

At best, it's in a grey area. There's no good way for a sex worker to reference going to their OF if they can't give their username or link to their p
08:20 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Luna Witch
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
Also, OF accounts posted on social media have a fairly low click through rate. 1-2% of people who see a link click the link, and 1-2% of people who click the link sign up. Adding barriers of entry just drops the amount of people more. (Numbers are based on other click through rates I know of)
08:24 AM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}