Casey
A
What? @cbouzy advertised Spoutible on Twitter on an unprotected account. Anyone who wanted to sign up for the first wave was welcome to. He talked constantly about policies and rules. Polls were open to everyone on Twitter. The policies were set before first wavers could create a profile.
Matlock @keyofw
The problem with saying "the policies were voted on by the users" is that it was all us #FirstWave people, and #Spoutible selected for a particular type of user. If we want this place to grow, we will have to allow for people who are different from us, with different perspectives.
11:08 AM - Feb 19, 2023
11:18 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Bill Blume
A
In response to Casey.
I took part in some of the surveys, and I hope things will continue to evolve and improve. I would hate to see Spoutible not be a place to welcome the arts community, and I think @cbouzy probably does want to see arts thrive as part of the overall conversation. Things are off to a good start here.
11:40 AM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Susan
A
I just read the rules, and they say that exceptions may be made for artistic and medical purposes.
In response to Bill Blume.
12:06 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bill Blume
A
In response to Susan.
Yes, I just hope romance and erotica writers will get recognized as being artistic. They are. I say that as someone who used to look down on both, but the more I became involved in a writing community here in Richmond, the more I’ve come to respect those writers for their craft and business savvy.
12:13 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}